What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
In case I didn't post it, here's the recipe

1.5 ounces of Don Julio Reposado
1 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce Gran Gala or Gran Marnier
2 ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice (or bottled lime juice works in a pinch)
2 to 4 ounces of agave syrup (0ne part water, one part agave sweetener... adjust to taste)

Don't forget to shake them up with ice... not stirred.

Edit: They are best enjoyed at home so you won't have to drive.... esp. if you have two or more. ;)
The perfect beverage to enjoy a Bill Evans album with. ;)

R.jpg

Well, made the mistake of going with some Cafe Bustelo in the French Press instead of my nightly decaf coffee. It came out great brewing it this way so that was worth it...but now it's 2330hrs and I have no desire to head to bed yet.

Oh well. I can sleep in tomorrow if the wife kids and dog will let me. ;)

Eric_75

Good morning, coffee crew!

Mad Priest DNOTS in the french press.

It's 34° in Nashville right now with a high around 46° today. We're going down to 23° tonight. I'm feeling rested up after a solid 7 hours of sleep. We're headed out for breakfast later. A relaxing day all around.

Have a great Saturday, my friends.

I couldn’t sleep (and no I didn’t drink coffee late yesterday) so got up early to enjoy a quiet cup of Happy Mug Ethiopia from the V60. It’s a refreshing change of pace from all the dark roasts I’ve sampled over the last few weeks. Very fruity - even I could pick up the blueberry notes - but not sour. In light of the discussions with @APBinNCA I brewed coarser than I normally would and added more coffee (14:1 instead of my normal 16.67:1). Very nice indeed.

Eric_75

I couldn’t sleep (and no I didn’t drink coffee late yesterday) so got up early to enjoy a quiet cup of Happy Mug Ethiopia from the V60. It’s a refreshing change of pace from all the dark roasts I’ve sampled over the last few weeks. Very fruity - even I could pick up the blueberry notes - but not sour. In light of the discussions with @APBinNCA I brewed coarser than I normally would and added more coffee (14:1 instead of my normal 16.67:1). Very nice indeed.
There's something peaceful about a quiet, early morning cup of coffee. One of life's true pleasures.

There's something peaceful about a quiet, early morning cup of coffee. One of life's true pleasures.
Yep, but 07:00 is early morning for me! You guys up at 03:00 are... probably normal. I decided to delay the shave and try to get this Mexico natural dialled in. I make really small coffees so I can spread the caffeine out, the side benefit is I have more chances to get my coffee right. This time I went way too coarse, no idea what I was thinking, in the 01 V60 so I poured the whole thing back through and got a nice strong coffee!

Apologies for continuing to misread the charts from a study and publishing them as fact. In this case the chart was showing sweetness, but showing it increasing with lower extractions. My overall posts end up being right, lower extractions can be good, but it can confuse people unintentionally. These charts are difficult to read because they look like a topo map and the contours go different directions for each one! They are supposed to, but it continues to confuse my brain.

Had to look up where Timor is. About as East as East can get. Nice coffee, now on two days rest. Pulled for americanos.
Timor-Leste has had a difficult history, some of it relatively recent. There are a few paragraphs in Kenneth David's 21st Century Coffee: A Guide. But I guess I have also gleaned knowledge reading Sweet Maria's blogs of their buyer's trips there and the difficulty getting coffee exported. Most of the good coffee is washed, not wet hulled like Sumatra, I bought a few last year.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Cafetière coffee today. I have tried this Illy coffee in bean and pre ground form, in my cafetière, moka pot, and DeLonghi Dedica. To me it is OK but nothing special and not worth the extra price compared to my regular Lavazza; the nicest thing about it is the tin.

20230318_155220~2.jpg

Top Bottom