What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Cold Brew and Honey Stroopwaffels
A0F4716B-998B-4F7A-B13B-C8F9B6C4A515.jpeg

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee aficionados.

I repeated what I did yesterday... and waited the extra 5 minutes while I emptied and put away the dishes from the dishwasher. So a total of 9 minutes for the French Press.. Gentle pressing until the grounds touch the bottom of the Bodum French Press.

I did time the manual coffee grinding.... two fills of the KINGrinder K-1 along with the grinding took 3 minutes.

I also scooped off the foam right around the 4 minute mark.

All in all, I think this optimized the taste for me. I'm still using 185F filtered water. Lovely taste.

I have a hair cut at 1:30PM... I'll row when I get home... then shave. Should be a nice day. We're headed up to 72F today... 80F tomorrow... then cooling back into the 60s for daytime temperatures until the middle of next week.
Enjoy the warm weather, my friend. We're cooling off again this weekend.

I guess I’m just caffeine insensitive (or my tolerance is way too high). I’ll drink coffee whenever the urge strikes - my wife and I routinely drink it around 10 pm while we watch tv and it never bothers our sleep. I can also go without any for a day with no effects I’ve noticed.

Morning Friends,

4 cups of Chock Full O Nuts in the Bunn. Still feeling pretty rough but have no plans today so will get major couch time and hopefully be better tomorrow. Liking this coffee well enough, but it won't replace my other favorite grocery store coffees- Bustelo or even Maxwell House. Very mild taste, no body to speak of. Was better in the French Press and I'll go back to that way of brewing from here on out to finish this can.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Friday!

Eric_75

Good morning, coffee crew.

Cafe Du Monde in the french press.

It's 52° in Nashville right now with a high around 53° today. We had some heavy rain last night but it looks like it's moving out of here now. Wishing all of you a happy Friday.

Enjoy your brew and God bless you, crew.

Now Playing:

R.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
March is continuing to be an odd weather month here in Florida..... Daytime highs in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Pretty good chance of rain today... high around 72 or so.

Since I started leaving my French Press for a total of 9 minutes now, instead of 4 and not pushing the plunger to the floorboard, the coffee was a too mild for me. I added 3 grams this morning.. so 43 grams for the 34 ounce French Press. It's quite nice.

Don Pablo's Signature blend... as always. ;)

And of course, Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all.

Eric_75

March is continuing to be an odd weather month here in Florida..... Daytime highs in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Pretty good chance of rain today... high around 72 or so.

Since I started leaving my French Press for a total of 9 minutes now, instead of 4 and not pushing the plunger to the floorboard, the coffee was a too mild for me. I added 3 grams this morning.. so 43 grams for the 34 ounce French Press. It's quite nice.

Don Pablo's Signature blend... as always. ;)

And of course, Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all.
When we get to Michigan, I'm picking up some Don Julio Reposado to make the "Kim Margaritas" :)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
When we get to Michigan, I'm picking up some Don Julio Reposado to make the "Kim Margaritas" :)
In case I didn't post it, here's the recipe

1.5 ounces of Don Julio Reposado
1 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce Gran Gala or Gran Marnier
2 ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice (or bottled lime juice works in a pinch)
2 to 4 ounces of agave syrup (0ne part water, one part agave sweetener... adjust to taste)

Don't forget to shake them up with ice... not stirred.

Edit: They are best enjoyed at home so you won't have to drive.... esp. if you have two or more. ;)

Top Bottom