What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

A150E9DC-E447-473E-8F5A-72811542140C.jpeg132F1351-FEE2-4AAA-BD75-2ABDC205294A.jpeg
Back to square one. I didn’t want to take the beans out of the espresso grinder, so I used the Cuisinart grinder. Much too coarse. Did not get up to espresso range. Trying again.

Last edited:
Fast forward to the third attempt. The Cuisinart grinder was set on the finest setting and I still couldn’t get to espresso range. I will have to try these beans using the espresso grinder another time.

Any other possibilities?

Peet’s Major Dickason Blend; whole beans in a Cuisinart grinder. I have been doing Peet’s since the mid 80’s in Berkeley Cal.

Fast forward to the third attempt. The Cuisinart grinder was set on the finest setting and I still couldn’t get to espresso range. I will have to try these beans using the espresso grinder another time.

Any other possibilities?
Was the coffee relatively fresh? You probably need a new grinder that will allow for fine adjustments in the espresso range.

I'm drinking a Guatmalan "Las Flores" from a local roaster brewed in the Fellow Stagg X Pourover. Really nice South American and a great way to start the day!

Lion Original Roast from Hawaii. This coffee was kindly brought back from Hawaii as a gift, but was nothing special in the cup. Even though it is labeled as a Medium Roast, it tasted like a dark roast. I checked their website and see they also have French Roast, which I could hardly imagine. Referring back to that discussion in the Favorite Kalita Wave Recipe thread, I will greatly reduce brewing temperature before trying this again.
Lion-Coffee_20220210.jpg

808A8172-A372-46A0-9429-CC8C4B842214.jpeg

Moved on to the other bag of beans purchased last Wednesday. I put the beans in the grinder atop the espresso machine and wound up with too fine a grind apparently. High pressure, almost out of the espresso range, and wound up with less than a double shot. Not awful, though. I cleaned everything up and pulled a double shot for my wife with the grind setting two settings coarser. Still had a high pressure, but pulled a double shot with a nice crema (She consumed it before I got a shot!).

Last edited:
Top Bottom