What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

A cosmopolitan coffee experience. Was the half-n-half and sugar as worldly as the other parts.
It made the coffee much more enjoyable . I use a tiny amount of sugar and one capsule of MOOS ....

Attachments

• moo.jpg
    moo.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 3
'Volcan' espresso from the ever-wonderful Quarter Horse Coffee in Birmingham, UK. This is a fully-washed light roasted bean that grows slowly at high altitude. The taste notes say I should expect extra sweetness due to this - now it's dialled in properly I'm getting that in abundance. It's a lovely, citrusy coffee with a nice aftertaste. I felt I needed 3. All espressos, ground in my JX Pro and pulled through my Flair Pro 2, using a short 3-bar preinfusion and a 6 down to 3-bar pull over about 25secs.

Today's afternoon v60
Not a huge fan of these beans, but they were cheap. Gonna treat myself with something better next time I'm running out.

IMG_20220207_143527632.jpg

yhst-138074346057939_2641_4103384.jpg S&W Guatemala Ayarza Wine Series Natural. So 80g of these hung out with cold water in my Hario Midzudashi for 48 hours in the fridge. Quite tasty. Diluted concentrate 50/50 with cold filtered water, and, a drop of sweet cream and caramel syrup.

At this point I like it more than Quills Southern Gothic, and, less than the seasonal Hubbard & Craven's Kultisha Cold Brew. The Kultisha was very fruity. I think they got one batch and roasted it all on the same date. I got three bags over a month or two and they were all the same. I don't know if and when they will get it back into to stock but it is no longer on the webpage.
IMG_20211028_123713.jpg

I still have to survive in the meantime and these S&W Guatemala beans are quite good. This was the first glass I have had, as I get through the bag I will decide what to try next or if I will get this again.
Curious to what makes it a “Cold Brew Blend”?
The only coffee that was specifically marketed as Cold Brew was the seasonal Hubbard & Craven's Kultisha Cold Brew. I do watch to see if beans mention alternative brew methods, like cold water extraction, because the flavor profiles don't match up. I have had espressos that tasted vastly more complex and fruity as cold brew. It makes the descriptions a bit hit or miss.

Top Bottom