What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Redbird Espresso. I pulled the bottomless portafilter out today and barely got any little sprays on the first two, so I took a couple photos on the third.

I've been looking into purchasing an espresso machine, and the Rocket brand is certainly in my sights.

Anyway, tonight I'm enjoying a local roaster (whom I love, their coffee shop is my favorite) Blue Copper. It's their Colombia South Huila Castilla. This was extracted via the Hario V60.

Tomorrow morning I'll be brewing Trader Joe's Bay Blend in a 12-cup Bialetti stove-top moka pot.

These moka pots are to coffee what safety razors are to shaving. They are based on very old technology (invented 1933), typically three-piece metal designs (water reservoir, filter, and coffee reservoir), and are made to last forever. All you need to make coffee is water, ground beans, and a heating element. It takes about the same time to brew as a good drip machine, but tastes MUCH better.

If you're like me and need tons of coffee in the morning, the 12-cup Bialetti can replace your drip machine. Otherwise, I find that the 6-cup version makes coffee that is closer to espresso (the 12-cup makes a great Americano!).

Brotherhood of the Moka Pot anyone? BOMP!?!?

Costco French Roast (here in Mexico it is grown in Chiapas - $9.50 for 2.2 lbs), 3 heaping Aeropress scoops ground in a Bodum burr grinder. Brewed in an Aeropress and more hot water to make 30 oz. Coffee heaven for me!

Marty

I've been looking into purchasing an espresso machine, and the Rocket brand is certainly in my sights.

Anyway, tonight I'm enjoying a local roaster (whom I love, their coffee shop is my favorite) Blue Copper. It's their Colombia South Huila Castilla. This was extracted via the Hario V60.

If you're looking at Rocket, you should do yourself a favor and look at the Astra Pro. It's more machine for less money; $1100 gets you the equivalent of a $2k machine.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Road trip morning tradition:

Venti 6 shot Americano from Starbucks.

This drink and starting off a road trip is the ONLY time I stop at Starbucks.

$11755885_10155942552520201_5229638951011736180_n.jpg
Local blend. Very nice :)

Top Bottom