What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Slow start to Sunday as I got carried away with the TT stage of the Tour last night and had a number of quite large G&Ts so breakfast morphed into lunch. I was sharp enough yesterday to pre-cook some rice and buy a piece of chicken so it was Nasi Goreng - Indonesian style fried rice. With a sunny-side up egg on top. The key is using day old rice.

Mick's Lumber jack special

julienne russet potatoes. Onion. Red bell pepper. Ham. Egg. Vermont cheadar cheese.

Cooked in a #5a nickeled Wagner.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Had some left over wild Alaskan salmon from last night's dinner, soooo...

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 1.20.55 PM.png

Scrambled eggs with arugula, salmon, & chives this morning

Last edited:
Been enjoying the "northern iron".

#8 Wagner

1 red potato, onion, de-skinned mild Italian sausage, sharp Vermont country store cheese, 1 egg.

Food Bliss.

proxy.php

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Do you whip sour cream into the eggs in place of milk? I usually use half and half or heavy cream.

Owen, Besides cold butter, I don't add anything to the eggs in the beginning. Towards the end of cooking, when the eggs are almost set, I then stir in a dollop of sour cream and the chives. The key to getting creamy consistency is low heat and constant stirring, else the eggs get firm quickly and form large curds.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Owen, Besides cold butter, I don't add anything to the eggs in the beginning. Towards the end of cooking, when the eggs are almost set, I then stir in a dollop of sour cream and the chives. The key to getting creamy consistency is low heat and constant stirring, else the eggs get firm quickly and form large curds.
Thanks. I need to give this a try.

Top Bottom