What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Thanks. I need to give this a try.

No problem, I think you'll enjoy it! Although I never really measure anything, here is the 'rough' recipe:

6 eggs
2 Tbsp cold butter, cut or cubed
1 Tbsp sour cream
1/2Tbsp chives
salt/pepper

Crack eggs with butter into a cold, un-oiled pan. Over low heat stir eggs and butter until wisps of steam start to come up, then remove pan from heat while continuing to stir off the heat for about 15 seconds. Add pan back to heat and continue on heat/off heat process (constantly stirring!) for several minutes until eggs are just starting to set. Stir in sour cream and chives and cook for another few seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste. Done!

Again, the trick is to stir, stir, stir...

Nasi goreng again: and proof today IMG_2797.JPG

Breakfast on the weekend is now frittata. 10 eggs, 4 tsps. of mustard, 6oz of thawed frozen spinach, half an onion diced or sliced, about 6oz of cherry tomatoes halved, 40 turns of the pepper mill for the eggs, season both eggs and onion. Served with a salad.

Yoghurt with honey from an actual honeycomb, scrambled egg with cheese and a few slices of baguette, a detox blend of carrot and orange, English breakfast tea, and a glass of Badoit, at the Sofitel Downtown Dubai.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Went classic American this morning, bacon and pancakes or as we like to call it "the carb-attack"...

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 9.10.48 PM.png

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am weird- I will not eat bacon with any meal involving syrup. I think syrup and sausage, whether patty or link, are a match made in heaven.

More brunch than breakfast as it's now midday here: frittata with diced potato, chilli, onions, garlic and cheese, plus a scattering of turmeric leaf finely shredded.IMG_2870.JPG

No problem, I think you'll enjoy it! Although I never really measure anything, here is the 'rough' recipe:

6 eggs
2 Tbsp cold butter, cut or cubed
1 Tbsp sour cream
1/2Tbsp chives
salt/pepper

Crack eggs with butter into a cold, un-oiled pan. Over low heat stir eggs and butter until wisps of steam start to come up, then remove pan from heat while continuing to stir off the heat for about 15 seconds. Add pan back to heat and continue on heat/off heat process (constantly stirring!) for several minutes until eggs are just starting to set. Stir in sour cream and chives and cook for another few seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste. Done!

Again, the trick is to stir, stir, stir...

That's my usual method too now, I think I saw Ramsey do it on You Tube. It takes a bit of effort but well worth it.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Indeed, well worth the little extra effort imo. Ramsey's video should be viewed by anyone wanting to give this a try.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Smoothie with greens, spinach banana, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, protein powder, three different kinds of berries, coconut oil and coconut milk. Sausage on the side.

Almost the end of an era here... One of things I really hate here is if a restaurant gets successful, the landlord jacks the rent up, so they move out as soon as the lease expires. Just next to my office is The Rotisserie, and it's packed at lunch times doing, er, roast chicken mainly but they also do a great breakfast, with proper bacon and not that frazzled cardboard most places do. And tomorrow they close, because the landlord has jacked the rent up.Rotiss 27Sep.jpg

Top Bottom