What's new

Homemade pasta from the Atlas roller

I pulled out the old Atlas pasta roller this morning and made some noodles with Semola flour (extra fine ground, high protein, durum wheat) and an egg. This sounds like a project but it is really very quick and easy. I use a Cuisinart to quickly mix the egg and flour to a very dry dough and then roll it out into sheets and then wait until everything else is ready before I slice the sheets into wide noodles. That way the noodles don't stick together while I'm getting everything else ready. I cut the sheets into shorter sheets so when I run them thru the noodle slicer I get short noodles that I prefer.

While I got the pot of water boiling, I lightly crisped up three strips of thick sliced apple-wood smoked bacon and fried up a pan of mushrooms and onions with parsley, basil, thyme, garlic and lots of black pepper. When the mushrooms were ready, I tossed in some diced roast chicken and the bacon. Boiled the fresh pasta for just a couple of minutes (fresh pasta cooks in no time at all) drained and tossed the pasta in the mushroom/bacon pan with some butter and more fresh basil and grated several cheeses (Parmesan, Pecorino Romano, Asiago). Opened a bottle of Sauv Blanc and feasted on the buttery/bacon-y/cheesy goodness with a little Louisiana Hot Sauce! Yum!

1678056716649.png
1678056760021.png
1678056792632.png
1678056813349.png

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I love my fresh pasta, but I haven't broken out the Atlas roller since we got the pasta roller attachment for the Kitchenaid stand mixer (the extruder attachment, too). I've been spoiled with having two free hands for handling the pasta!

I also use a Cuisinart for mixing the dough. It does a fantastic job.

Top Bottom