What's on your work bench right now?

Discussion in 'Restoration & Razor Making How-To's.....' started by Luecke2326, Oct 19, 2016.

Thanks Ian, it’s been waiting several years for a new set of shoes, it’s about time!
    :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Thats gping to be really cool looking!

2. Ice-Man

Ice-Man Moderator Contributor

Hmmmm well yes even a year is to long for a beautiful razor.....

3. Ice-Man

Well just to keep you updated on the Dubl Duck Goldedge, its been stripped scales cleaned and polished.
    The blade did have start of rust around the pivot hole that has been removed, blade has been polished and cleaned ready give it's gold wash back and that will be done tomoz. As tonight I'm out with the wife for a meal and a few beers, I might even have a boogie that's a dance.

Anyways on to the pics so far

20181202_210032.jpg
    As you can see rust starting

20181207_163732.jpg 20181207_163751.jpg 20181207_163847.jpg 20181207_163910.jpg

4. hate waiting.gif

5. Ice-Man

Yep I would sooner stay in and finish it off than go out, but sadly we have to take the wifes sister out with her new boyfriend might never see him again.

6. Boo.gif

7. Ice-Man

Well here she is sporting a good clean and polish, and a new gold wash plus painted lettering. Now do I do the ducks on the shank red or leave blue, but take into account the stamping is not that deep on this razor....

But here is the pictures so far

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

8. Ian, you have outdone yourself again! Brilliant work my friend, you are getting really great at this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ice-Man

Thank you Matt!!! That means a lot to me, as the saying goes the more you do the better you get.

10. Phenomenal work! It looks fantastic!

11. Ice-Man

Thank you Tony!!!

12. First attempt at making a razor. 1084 steel. Will be 5/8 ish. French point or maybe square. Cut out, profiled, drilled, and laid out the grind plan. Planning for as hollow as I can get it.
    upload_2018-12-10_21-0-59.jpeg

13. Ice-Man

That Sir!!! is looking good no fantastic nope stunning that's for sure... Hope your going to keep us updated on this one....

14. This is gonna be fun, :)

15. Subscribed!!!