What's new

What's on your work bench right now?

Looking forward to seeing those finished, more so the Wade & Butcher.
In all they should all come up well and back to being beautiful razors again.....
That W&B is gonna take quite a bit of work. Definitely going to take a few sessions to finish sanding alone without getting carpal tunnel haha.

That W&B is gonna take quite a bit of work. Definitely going to take a few sessions to finish sanding alone without getting carpal tunnel haha.

Oh yes I know that feeling only to well, and its worse when you get cramp that's when you know its time to take a break...
But when you see the finished item it makes it worth while. :punk::punk::punk::punk:

Did some polishing on a WISS 6/8 last night

Before:
proxy.php

After:
proxy.php

Finished polishing the WISS today and set the bevel, I also started sanding the W&B. Pretty obvious this one is always going to have some pitting but I can live with it. I’m just happy I didn’t crack the scales when I removed the blade.

09AB02F5-9FA4-4E49-ABAD-86C6B74CCCEE.jpeg
46DB530C-BE34-4C3C-9BAB-331E1B9EE867.jpeg
093A1ACC-F04C-4D86-906C-5A09EE983A02.jpeg
FE7F4A8E-0EDB-4884-B0EC-7FF615C6E553.jpeg
8A013D30-8C26-4709-944D-E3C79C9FAA90.jpeg

Finished polishing the WISS today and set the bevel, I also started sanding the W&B. Pretty obvious this one is always going to have some pitting but I can live with it. I’m just happy I didn’t crack the scales when I removed the blade.

View attachment 950490 View attachment 950491 View attachment 950492 View attachment 950493 View attachment 950494

That Sir has turned out really nice, and it makes it worth while restoring a blade back into service condition... that is a fantastic job done...….

Chaloney Hows the Razor coming along......
It was put on hold in order to make some Christmas gifts and I haven’t gotten back to it yet. After heat treat it was much too thick and not hollow enough—not surprising because I didn’t want it to be so thin that it cracked. I did some more grinding on it but now that it is hardened it is slow going. Plan to update once I have actual progress.

It was put on hold in order to make some Christmas gifts and I haven’t gotten back to it yet. After heat treat it was much too thick and not hollow enough—not surprising because I didn’t want it to be so thin that it cracked. I did some more grinding on it but now that it is hardened it is slow going. Plan to update once I have actual progress.

That's a pity but you will get there, but it will be nice to see once finished.

This came last week Friedr Herder 77 Solingen here is the pics as it was

1.jpg
2.jpg

And this is now after a good polish and a clean up

20190213_101130.jpg
20190213_101203.jpg

That's a pretty clean razor Ian! Did you just do hand polishing on this one?

Yes Matt only done by hand as it was not to bad to be fair, even the scales had marks only surface nothing bad. It just wear and tear but Novus No 2 sorted them out by hand but a great result for a great razor.....

Yes Matt only done by hand as it was not to bad to be fair, even the scales had marks but Novus No 2 sorted them out by hand but a great result...
Nice, I just got two bench buffers and I'm figuring it out, but currently, I prefer how my hand polished blades turn out. Never used Novus No 2 I'l have to look it up.

Nice, I just got two bench buffers and I'm figuring it out, but currently, I prefer how my hand polished blades turn out. Never used Novus No 2 I'l have to look it up.

Its good stuff Novus 3 is for heavy scratches, No 2 is for fine and then you get No 1 a plastic polish here is a picture of the stuff

20190213_171906.jpg

Next one sorted a Blue diamond its not in bad condition just needed the bolsters regluing and just a clean in general but here is the before and after as normal

1.jpg
2.jpg
20190214_000741.jpg
20190214_000806.jpg

Top Bottom