What's new

What's in your mug? - October 08

Starbucks espresso roast bold. Put it through a brass filter and add only heavy whipping cream-Oberweis is the best, but it cost $8.67 per half gallon.

Teas:
Vital Rooibos Tea with 1 flat raw sugar....lekker. :smile:
Twinings Earl Grey with same sugar. Refreshing.

Coffee:
East Timor Coffee - Organic with no name I picked up several kilos at the end of my deployment. Strong/Aromatic yet versatile. Percolated and served dependant upon requirement. :w00t:

Arabian mocha java from Peet's. Brewed in a French Press. Best way to make a cup of coffee if you're not doing espresso.

Tanzanian Peaberry this a.m.
2008 Bulang Arbor this p.m. (currently sipping a 15s 6th infusion -- running out of legs -- I think I'll be lucky to get a worthwhile 7th)

full

A roasted Oolong from a local shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
full

A roasted Oolong from a local shop.

Nice set up - really like the egg-shaped pot.

I had the crappiest WIYM day ever - two cups of crappy airport greasy spoon coffee, a cup of crappy airline coffee and a cup of crappy tea made with a tea bag (I can't remember the last time I used a tea bag!).

The silver lining is that tomorrow's mug will be better (it can't possibly be any worse!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sumatra dry-processed "Harimau Tiger" roasted to Full City yesterday and brewed in a vacuum pot. Great, clean Sumatra cup - maple syrup, cedar, sweet sandalwood, foresty notes. I am not usually a huge fan of Indonesian coffees, but this one hit the spot.

Nicaragua Cup of Excellence - La Esperanza roasted yesterday morning to Full City. Notes of toasted hazelnut, crisp chocolate bittersweets, spice, & citrus zest. It really needs another day or two of rest but it was all I had as I got behind on roasting this week. In spite of that I'm really enjoying it today!

A blend of Sumatra Blue Batak "Tarbarita" Peaberry and Yemen Mokha Mattari... OK, leftovers... man, I gotta roast this weekend!!

Dunkin Donuts original blend which I use double the specified amount per cup. This particular cup of coffee I am drinking right now is the last one from a pot that I made two days ago. Along with sugar and half&half, it is a fairly invigorating cup-a-joe.

I'm drinking some of the mocha java I had custom roasted using the new set up at my grocery store.

While I've had better coffee, this stuff is very good - and I don't think I can say I've had better at this price point ($12 per pound).

You can really tell that this stuff is fresh - even several days after its been roasted (its now 6 days old).

The coffee has a very nice rich flavour and no bitterness (although I can sense its starting to creep in).

All in all, I'm impressed with this stuff - good quality coffee, freshly roasted, convenient and reasonably priced. While I know you can get better from a specialty shop or roasting your own using a decent set up, this is a great service and I'm sure most folks will immediately realize how important the "fresh roast" aspect is to the flavour of their coffee.

Top Bottom