What's new

🧐 Puer! Pix for the curious

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It occurs to me some caffeine fans (cough, cough, coffee drinkers) might like a closer look at the process of enjoying puer tea. Disclaimer: I am not particularly knowledgeable, and don't own a gongfu. I just like drinking it. Stainless steel basket works well with all tea, IMO.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Any questions, I'll try and answer... One difference from black tea is that I brew by color, not time. You get several steepings. Black tea goes by time, for me, to avoid astringent or bitter taste from oversteeping.

😋 Enjoy your mornings! And your caffeine of choice.

AA

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Very nice. Thanks for the pix.
I have 2 cakes of raw pu-erh (1 large, 1 small). Plus some loose and several mini-cakes (5g each). I really have to get to trying them.

I'm an all of the above type of guy. I usually have two cups of coffee in the morning, but when I want something hot and caffeinated in the afternoon I still with teas. I haven't tried Pu-erth, but there is a specialty tea store near by that sells it. One of these days I will have to treat my wife and I to some.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks. Puer is absolutely no big deal, IMO. Just break off a piece, rinse it 2x and throw it into whatever vessel you use to make loose black tea. I use that little filter basket.

:eek2: It did have enough caffeine, after all ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
How long have you had that sampler pack of tea cakes you have in the photo? It looks like something that would have been sold a few years ago ...
That's right- the sampler today has newer, less aged stuff. Those are from ... three years ago? I'd have to check.

The cakes get better with time, according to my understanding. They are in cool, dark storage.

AA

Last edited:
Top Bottom