What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Thanksgiving dinner was just me and my bride and we did Cornish game hens with oyster dressing , standard dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and fresh baked rolls.
1a1a1q1q (2).jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
A couple of bowls of game stew. Game pie mix browne first, dried onion flakes, mixed dried veg, green split peas, lamb seasoning, herbs, LOTS of ginger. Very nice.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I had ground beef and cheese-like stuff and was all set to make Tex-Mex enchiladas. My son saw a box of linguine I had left on the counter when I got home from the grocery store, picked it up, and handed it to me. That is how a large autistic person says, "Dad, I want pasta for dinner." So I made a meat sauce with the hamburger and we boiled the linguine, which I prefer to spaghetti. It was good, but I miss those enchiladas I never got.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Quick tofu red Thai curry on brown rice. Loaded with red bell peppers, celery, carrots, and onions. Topped with a few chopped peanuts, a little mango chutney, and piccalilli.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
There's a jar of carbonara sauce that's been sitting on the shelf for a long time. There's also a rake of cheap smoked salmon from Trader Joe's that's been sitting in the fridge for a long time. I think I might bring the 2 together over spaghetti. What can go wrong?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The smoked salmon/carbonara turned out really nicely. I tossed some frozen peas in the sauce, so the finished product looked like the Irish tricolour. Added a few truffles as well. Served over spaghetti, with hot French bread and butter and salad. Now I want to make this with quality smoked salmon and homemade carbonara sauce.

Top Bottom