What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Over here..... "Sarma", people across the pond will know what it is. For the native Americans,....ground lamb, ground beef, ground pork, ground Hungarian sausages, mixed with rice, wrapped in sauerkraut leaves, cooked with smoked hamhocks, and potato. Add fresh baked bread, with Plugra butter,.....and you have a perfect winter meal!

Breakfast!
91EFFA8A-6CE3-4359-998C-3CABCAA690B1.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
We're making a couple pizzas and a salad. Followed by some Aussie licorice and a college hockey doubleheader on TV. Typical winter Friday night.

Owen Bawn

My wife thinks I'm homesick for Dorchester (which is great evidence proving that she isn't from there) so she brought home a package of Wahlburgers' brisket burgers this morning that I'll grill.

When the Wahlbergs made it big in the 80s everyone in the neighborhood hated them. Now they're local heroes. I'm as ambivalent about them today as I was in 1988. Fair play to them, I guess.

Owen Bawn

I had Tater Tots as well. I grilled the "Wahlburgers" my wife probably paid too much for this morning. They were good, but certainly no better than what we get at Dot's Market, the small local shop where we buy meat. There's nothing like a burger with cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, and thinly sliced red onion on a perfectly grilled bun. Nothing, that is, except for a second one just like the first!

Been meaning to try borscht one day. How do you make yours? Hot or cold?
I could write books about borsh. Which is a vast subject in my culture.
Now for the borscht: water, salt, onion, carrot, cabbage, potatoes, grated beets, Vegeta, a dash of vinegar. Sour cream when serving.
About 20min to put together, from cold to boiling. Ingredients go in that order. 10min simmer after dropping the beets.
That simple.
My pot is 6L. Water 3.5 - 4L, salt one Tbs, one small onion, one medium carrot, half of a small cabbage (shredded), three large potatoes cubed, five medium beets (3" dia), Vegeta one Tbs, vinegar 2-3Tbs.

Vegetable borsh, including borscht, is always served hot during cold weather. Most of them go well served cold during summer.

Enjoy.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Now for the borscht: water, salt, onion, carrot, cabbage, potatoes, grated beets, Vegeta, a dash of vinegar. Sour cream when serving.
About 20min to put together, from cold to boiling. Ingredients go in that order. 10min simmer after dropping the beets.
That simple.
My pot is 6L. Water 3.5 - 4L, salt one Tbs, one small onion, one medium carrot, half of a small cabbage (shredded), three large potatoes cubed, five medium beets (3" dia), Vegeta one Tbs, vinegar 2-3Tbs.

Vegetable borsh, including borscht, is always served hot during cold weather. Most of them go well served cold during summer.

Enjoy.
Thank you my friend.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That simple.

Enjoy.
Cool. Thanks

Top Bottom