What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Surf and turf. Beef tenderloin steaks (sous vide then finished on a hot grill) and the last of our East Coast seafood gift (steamed clams).
7D224878-1975-4B7A-B2E7-7313E97E8733.jpeg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Eggplant lasagna...eggplant sliced on a mandoline to use instead of pasta, ricotta whipped with egg and nutmeg, sauce made of canned, peeled tomatoes and a little tomato paste (both Cento), white wine, nutmeg, fennel, and black pepper, soffrito and chopped walnuts, and salt, all topped with mozzarella. Next time I am adding roasted red peppers to make it three nightshades, but it was pretty tasty anyway.

Just got back from a short business trip to Cape Cod, MA this past weekend. Could not return home without some crab cakes and swordfish steaks. My new Tuo santuko performed beautifully in trimming the skin from the edges of the swordfish steak.

I pan-seared the swordfish along with some shallots, garlic and a white wind-balsamic vinegar reduction. I simply baked the crab cakes and paired the seafood with pesto roasted potatoes. A 2018 Colome Torrontes from Calchaqui Valley, Salta, Argentina that was used in the swordfish reduction complemented the seafood quite nicely.

20210816_181958 (1).jpg

20210816_182238.jpg

Tim

Didn't have a lot of 'steam' last night so I only got as far as making a side dish. Just took some small potatoes sliced with my new Tuo santuko and mixed with sautéed onions, garlic and a cream-based sauce into which Asiago and sharp cheddar cheese was melted. I threw in two homegrown cayenne peppers (seeds and all) in for good measure.

The potatoes au gratin came out tasting as good as they look -

20210818_185813.jpg

Tim

Top Bottom