What's new

What’re you 3 favorite SMELLING soaps?

My three favorite smelling soaps (in order from best to 3rd best):

1) Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit
2) Cella
3) Homelike Shaving Note:Rose

*P.S.
The last one was head to head with my Cella and Figaro Fruits Soaps, but I couldn't decide :3

Williams Mug (nostalgia)

CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout (a scent unlike any other soap I’ve tried)

Declaration Grooming After the Rain (I like the smell better than the lather)

My three favorite smelling soaps (in order from best to 3rd best):

1) Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit
2) Cella
3) Homelike Shaving Note:Rose

*P.S.
The last one was head to head with my Cella and Figaro Fruits Soaps, but I couldn't decide :3
I gotta get some of that grapefruit

1) AdP Colonia and many of the many clones. Like the OP, this is largely based on memories of a special trip I took with the wife. We stayed in a hotel that used AdP for all its bathroom supplies - soaps, shampoos and conditioners, and lotions. I got the cologne for my last birthday.

2) Nuavia Blu. Such a complex beautiful scent. I bought a cologne that matches fairly closely.

3) Le Pere Lucien - Traditional. I loved this bright french soap from the moment I first smelled it. I have better performers, so it sits in the drawer. PdP fits this same categotry.

I'd be happy to take item 3 (LPL and PdP) off your hands!

Williams Mug (nostalgia)

CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout (a scent unlike any other soap I’ve tried)

Declaration Grooming After the Rain (I like the smell better than the lather)

1) I'm not familiar with the DG.
2) To me, the WMS has very little scent, so it didn't make my list, but performance-wise it's my favorite soap.
3) The CBL is an excellent soap both for its scent, and its performance. It would have been #4.

Wow! Post that I haven’t heard of all three. I’ve got some homework to do.

Well, good luck finding Drunken Goat. Mickey Lee Soapworks has closed their shop.

42 is by Barrister and Mann; It's a seasonal release in May, just in time for Towel Day.
Every now and then, I need a dose of Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.

Anne Bonney is by Dr. Jon's. You can get either a sample or a full container from Maggard's

In no particular order, as of right now, and subject to change

CRSW Olfactory Hue

Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents

Murphy and McNeil Crann Bethadh

Well, good luck finding Drunken Goat. Mickey Lee Soapworks has closed their shop.

42 is by Barrister and Mann; It's a seasonal release in May, just in time for Towel Day.
Every now and then, I need a dose of Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.

Anne Bonney is by Dr. Jon's. You can get either a sample or a full container from Maggard's
42 is awesome
Drunken Goat is meh
And Anne Bonney I find mediocre

Stirling Black Ice - I like the anise scent, and it is the only one I have found that also lathers well.

Palmolive shave stick - my grandfather used to use it and the scent brings back memories.

I can't decide on a third one at this time.

As the black ice is nigh on impossible to get in Ireland, I will have to continue to ration what I have remaining. It is a shame Stirling do not produce this more frequently.

Top Bottom