What's new

What’re you 3 favorite SMELLING soaps?

Cognac and Cuban Cigars really is a fine scent. The problem is that it lit me up--both the soap and aftershave caused some significant skin irritation. This is the only soap I have tried which has done this. If you don't get that irritation, then truly a nice scent and the soap performed well.

I wonder what the ingredient was. I've been lit up by only two soaps, R160 and TOBS Sandalwood, and both are scents I love as well.

Every time I think I have figured out an answer the OP's question, it changes, as Im sure it does for many of you. At least it feels that way. Having said that, my number one does not change....

1) Saponificio Varesino - Mana di Sicilia
2) TOBS Jermyn St
3) MWF - just a clean, fresh scent.

Dr. Jon's "Savannah Sunrise"
Mike's - Lavender
(tie) Mickey Lee Soapworks "The Kraken" (no longer available) and Stirling "Barbershop"
I loved Mickey Lee's "The Kraken" also, such a fresh, clean scent. Zingariman's "The Wanderer" smells pretty close to The Kraken, if you haven't tried it yet and love that scent, I would highly recommend it, and it is an amazingly great performing soap also.

My apologies.. I really tried to keep it to just 3, I was able to limit it to 5..

IMG_2057.jpg

Really tough choice. I could list 3 Martin de Candre and call it a day. But, I will spread out the love a bit and pick 3 non traditional scents and 3 traditional scents.

These three are based on what I consider non-traditional soap scents...

Martin de Candre Agrumes (A great warmer weather soap and at the top of the list for the next few months)

Ariana & Evans Asian Plum (One I would not want to use daily, but when I open the tub it smells amazing)

Barrister & Mann Lavanille (Like A&E Asian Plum, I would not want to use it daily, but the scent is terrific)

The following three I consider more traditional soap scents...

Tabac (Smells like great grannies perfume, but that's okay)

Proraso Green (The first shaving soap I purchased after picking up "wet shaving". Clean, clean, clean.)

Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti (It just smells like earthy goodness and the lather 2nd to none)

Cheers to all.

Based on your change, you’ll probably like The Soloist - it’s one of my top 3 (first post in this thread). I’m going to have to get some C&CC. Sounds great.

I got a tub of The Soloist and you're right it's awesome. The pink pepper makes it a little more complex than the Cognac & Cuban Cigars to my nose but other than that they are pretty similar in smell. If I could only have one it would be The Soloist, unless it's winter in which case I'll take C&CC lol. I guess that's my way of saying I can't pick between the two.

Top Bottom