What's new

What was your first shaving cream?

It was either The Body Shop "Mechanics For Men Shaving Cream" (which predates the Maca Root version) or Crabtree & Evelyn's "Sienna" (discontinued many years ago).
I still have a wee bit of each, and they both still work.

My dad gave me tube of 'Old Spice' cream for my 18th birthday. He also gave me a starter Gillette razor, a pack of blue blades, and a bottle of Old Spice A/S.

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood

$tobs.jpg

Mine was Palmolive. My father exclusively use this cream to shave so I didn't have much of a choice when I started to shave. It could have been worse though! ;)

When I finally made the transition from a can of foam and 61 blade cheap Gillette Fusion razors, I did a lot of research (mainly on this awesome forum and website.) I purchased a Muehle R106 DE razor, a Muehle pure badger brush, and Geo F Trumper's Rose shaving cream. You could say I woke up and smelled the flowers! :001_rolle

Trumper's rose is still one of my favorite creams. It was my first, the smell is to die for and it performs fabulously. However, I'm put off by the pink color. It did stain my brush. I haven't used it in a long while and my brush is back to normal coloring. I SO wish I could find a nice rose cream that is white!

Top Bottom