What's new

What was your first shaving cream?

Geo F Trumper's Limes was my first cream. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, I didn't realise there was some floral/powdery scenting in there when I ordered it but I like it and use it at least once a week.

A tube of Old Spice Original--gift from my dad on my 18th birthday in 1969. i also got a razor, Gillette Blue blades, and old spice A/S.

Dad later told me he was very proud of me for going to register to vote, and for the Vietnam war draft that day.

Geo F Trumper's Rose and Musgo Real about 15 years ago. At the same time I had ordered some Trumper's coconut triple-milled soap. The creams were good, but I got such good performance from that soap that I figured I was "a soap guy". At some point I had some Origins Blade Runner brushless that was pretty good for when I had to shave in a hurry. Didn't touch another cream until this past fall. Out of curiosity, I ordered a sandalwood sample pack from Westcoast Shaving. Of those 8, the Cyril R Salter cream's performance impressed me enough to pick up a tub, but in mint. I'm not all that jazzed by sandalwood and it was under $11 with shipping from eBay.

My absolute first was probably Rise or Barbasol used many moons ago. My first as a wet shave enthusiast was Art of Shaving Sandlewood. Stull live the smell of that stuff.

My first shaving cream as a wet shaver was actually a sample pack I got with a kit I ordered. First shaving cream I bought on its own was Derby's Super Menthol, since I got a pack of Derby blades with the kit I bought and liked using the blades I figured I give the cream a shot.

Top Bottom