What's new

What was your first shaving cream?

Started DE shaving with TOBS Sandalwood, switching to Avocado soon after. I'm still using the Avocado, and would heartily recommend to to a new DE wet shaver predicated - upon their liking the scent.

As a young person, learning to wet shave with a TracII my first shaving cream was the same as what my Dad used... Edge Gel in a can. Over the years of Cartridge shaving, I used all kinds of different cans of goo...

When I decided to take on the DE Razor I got serious about it and ordered a tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street Almond. I love it!!

I am still relatively new into the DE World, and have others I want to try but TOBS Almond will always be in the Den.

Not counting the endless cans of goo purchased before I started wetshaving, it would be C.O. Bigelow. I still use it.

Arko maximum comfort for tubes, but first can of shaving cream probably Gillette foam. Went a long long time using barbosal cream and Gillette sensitive skin razors. Then I found my way here.

I am starting with tobs. With all the great reviews it was what i choose. I ordered the sample kit from west coast shaving. The best part atm is that i can change scents daily. Another thing i have found out is that the scents change from the jars and when worn. Some i didnt think i would like i do when worn. It is kind of exciting.

1st ever was one of my dads old spice pucks he let me use.
2nd was Razorock Al Sapone.
I ordered more RR soaps and AS which has changed my morning life forever! No more sleeping in til the last possible second. I'm up early enough (5am) to get a good shower and enjoy a calm shave before getting my son ready for school drop off and heading to work. Prior to this I frequently would be stressed out by the time I arrived and still felt tired. Now I get there already awake and refreshed from my morning shave routine.

Arko Sensitive was my first true cream, although before that I had been given Edge gel by my father. Moved to Barbasol in college and stuck with it until making the wet shaving transition.

My first creams were TOBS sandalwood and Proraso 'Green' . Prorazo Green is still a fav with me. Great performer at a decent price. TOBS Sandalwood is a killer scent and lathers like few others can BUT it sends my face red and hot and for mine, could be a little slicker. I recently rechallenged it and the same thing happened. I'll have to toss it and move on. Pity because I really dig the scent!

I recently scored a tube of Proraso 'Blue' ....man I think that is my new favourite cream. Great little performer and nourishes the skin a little without laying it on thick with greasy additives that leave your skin with a disgusting post-shave feel . Very nice stuff.

Prorasso Green. I still have a good amount left the Eucalyptus smell is quite nice. A worthy cream for beginners and seasoned veterans alike.

Top Bottom