What's new

What Was Your Cream Today?

Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit Cream
IMG_20200605_165225.jpg

Barbasol Original foam

Did just 2 passes with a litltle extra touchup on the throat, so not near BBS, but very fine. I followed the suggestion someone made here when I posted about being disappointed in the last Barbasol shave I did. His advice: Put on the foam, wait my standard 3 minutes, rinse it off, then re-apply and shave. Worked a treat, it did.

Monday’s cream was fair on the face!
I finally tried Cyril Salter’s Sublime Citrus.
9878543A-5AAD-46F8-8B26-FEC9457475A1.jpeg

Performs as well as the others I’ve tried. Very nice glide on the skin. It smelled like lemon and tangerine mixed together to me but I did also get a similar smell to the peel of a grapefruit when I inhaled some of the cream on my top lip area (doesn’t everyone do this?)
I had a look on a few sites and one said it is supposed to be fragranced with lemon and grapefruit oils.

Definitely worth a try if you like a citrusy smell.

My own mix.
50% of a mix of Arko, Haslinger, Meißner menthol, Indian flavour and Strong n Scottish.
The rest Hawkins and Brimble cream. I mashed then together, then whopped the mixture smooth with a fork.
Result was a superbly scented croap. Lather is the best I've ever used, including SV or MDC. rich and creamy and very kind to my sensitive skin.

Top Bottom