What's new

What Was Your Beard and/or Moustache Oil or Balm Today ?

IMG_1188.JPG

What do you think of the Capt. Fawcetts? Worth the price?
Performance is great, but really no better than WSP or even Cremo. Personally I don't find much difference in the performance of the beard oils I've tried mostly just the scents. It has a very strong scent of patchouli, rosemary, and black pepper, also some lighter woody notes in there to. This stuff has staying power, I can catch whiffs of it all day long and the next morning in the shower it comes back. It will probably overpower any aftershave and most colognes. I personally love the scent, but it is the only beard oil I've actually received a negative comment on. So it's not for everyone. As for price I received it as a gift, and doubt very much I would have bought it on my own. But I will say it is in a 1.7 oz bottle so it's not as out of line as it first seems to be. Will I buy another bottle when this one runs out? Maybe, especially if it is on sale or comes in a nice package deal with a brush or comb as I sometimes see it. I see Amazon has a 10 ml sample for around $12, that might be worth picking up without too much risk, but does make it even more $ per ml.

Performance is great, but really no better than WSP or even Cremo. Personally I don't find much difference in the performance of the beard oils I've tried mostly just the scents. It has a very strong scent of patchouli, rosemary, and black pepper, also some lighter woody notes in there to. This stuff has staying power, I can catch whiffs of it all day long and the next morning in the shower it comes back. It will probably overpower any aftershave and most colognes. I personally love the scent, but it is the only beard oil I've actually received a negative comment on. So it's not for everyone. As for price I received it as a gift, and doubt very much I would have bought it on my own. But I will say it is in a 1.7 oz bottle so it's not as out of line as it first seems to be. Will I buy another bottle when this one runs out? Maybe, especially if it is on sale or comes in a nice package deal with a brush or comb as I sometimes see it. I see Amazon has a 10 ml sample for around $12, that might be worth picking up without too much risk, but does make it even more $ per ml.

Thanks for the detailed response. I also think scent is the main difference between a lot of these products. Ingredients are pretty standard across the board but a few do stand out. I’ll keep this brand in mind and maybe when I get through my current beard den I’ll give it a try. Cheers.

After years of beard oil, I tried some Chatillon Lux post-shave salve (Gratiot League Square) on my mustache.

Great idea for a balm. I was actually just looking at The Sudsy Soapery Shave Balm and the ingredients are quite similar to many beard balms. I may have to try it as well as the CL salves. Cheers.

I used this Cremo beard softener and cream today. I really like the Creamo Forest Blend Beard Oil scent, but these both have kind of a medicinal note to them not in the oil. Kind of like Noxzema or Vick vapor rub. It's not terrible, but doesn't smell as good as the oil. I was going to just use it and skip the oil, but it didn't leave any shine and really felt like it could use a little oil too So I gave it a few drops of Cremo Forest Blend oil. All and all the beard did come out pretty soft and manageable and the medicinal scent disappeared pretty quickly, but I'm not sure if it was really any better than just the oil alone. I'll give it a few more shots, but not real impressed with it, maybe it helps with itch on a shorter beard though. The beard is laying pretty nice though, so maybe it's doing more than I think. Just hope I can get over the off scent.
DSCF4083.JPG

Top Bottom