What's new

What TV series you watching?

Watching I'm Alan Partridge which I can only find on the website dailymotion, oddly enough. I think it's hilarious. If you like Veep or Peep Show it could be up yout alley.

Queen's Gambit. Excellent so far.
We binge watched the whole thing today. Seven hour long episodes. About 6/7s of it is truly great, and the reminder just slips into being mundane. One of the best series we have seen. By the description, I would not have thought I would even like it. Acting, writing, and production values all absolutely top-notch.

Queen's Gambit. BTW, the trailer for this series seems nothing like the actual show. I would have been put off by it, if I had seem it before watching the actual show!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Glad to see positive reviews of Queen's Gambit. I too would have skipped it based on the trailer, but it's now on our watchlist.

I'm about 3 episodes into Hammer House of Horror and Tenspeed and Brownshoe, both on Prime. Really enjoying both, but just came across a complete box set DVD of Kung Fu which might supplant the streaming shoes for a while. Snatch this pebble from my hand!

We're a bit behind the times in this household. Just finished watching The American's (Loved it!) and now we're on to Cougar Town.

Really want to see Man in the High Castle.

We binge watched the whole thing today. Seven hour long episodes. About 6/7s of it is truly great, and the reminder just slips into being mundane. One of the best series we have seen. By the description, I would not have thought I would even like it. Acting, writing, and production values all absolutely top-notch.

I binged the entire series in one day. The final episode kept me up until 1 A.M.! I thought it was excellent. I particularly liked both actresses who played Beth as a child and as a teen/young adult. They both really carried the show. I've recommended it with the assurances that one didn't need to know much about chess or or even like to play the game to enjoy the series.

I binged the entire series in one day. The final episode kept me up until 1 A.M.! I thought it was excellent. I particularly liked both actresses who played Beth as a child and as a teen/young adult. They both really carried the show. I've recommended it with the assurances that one didn't need to know much about chess or or even like to play the game to enjoy the series.
I am so pleased you liked it. The trailer just does not do it justice, does it?

I am so pleased you liked it. The trailer just does not do it justice, does it?

It really doesn't. I think the trailer actually kind of dissuaded me from watching it but I had a bunch of free time and I was kind of desperate for a new series to watch so I gave it a chance. I'm glad I did!

Most recently I've been watching a bunch of series. One was Formula 1 Drive to Survive. This series turned me onto Formula 1 racing. I very much prefer it over Nascar. I just finished The Spy with Sascha Baron Cohen. It really drew me in. I had not heard of Ellie Cohen before and didn't know his story so I had no idea what was going to happen. I found it gripping. And now I'm in the middle of watching Queen's Gambit. The girl at the heart of the show is just mesmerizing. Her eyes and constantly pouty mouth draw you in and her reactions to things people do or say is priceless. I have to say I'm smitten. I was happy to find out she's 24.

Top Bottom