What's new

What TV series you watching?

Hmmmm. I thought I responded earlier today. Thanks for the tip. I was not familiar with Devs. I like the cast based on the names I recognize. Nice to see Alison Pill getting work. I thought she was fantastic in Network.

We're in the process of selling our house, so my wife and I are both brain-dead by early evening and just want mindless entertainment. Lately we've been starting our night with Murder Call, a 90s Aussie show on Prime. We like the characters and despite the holes in the story-line or endings, we occasionally find a good episode which gives us hope for the next night. After Murder Call, if my wife and I are both awake, we might suffer thru another episode of The Sounds on Acorn. We can't wait for that one to end as there are few likable characters. Next up is usually Corner Gas or Vicar of Dibley, if both of us are awake. We've rewatched both several times and still find them funny. If my wife falls asleep first, I turn on Only When I Laugh. I love the show but the theme song drives my wife nuts, especially when she wakes up with the theme song burning a hole in her brain.

just started watching Utopia on Prime. I'm a fan of Gillian Flynn, although this isn't original, and a fan of John Cusack (although I'm definitely in a minority on that these days).

Based on 1.5 episodes, Devs is great! Definitely my taste!

Devs is a trip. It doesnt all come together until the last 10-15 minutes.

That's a great series. I've been re-reading Being And Nothingness and every mention of determinism and freedom has me thinking about Devs. I didn't find the final episode entirely satisfying. I've got Atlanta up next but I might give Devs another watch first.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Based on 1.5 episodes, Devs is great! Definitely my taste!
Devs is a trip. It doesnt all come together until the last 10-15 minutes. It was created, written, produced and directed by Alex Garland. He also wrote and directed Annihilation and Ex Machina. Two of my all time favorite sci-fi movies.
That's a great series. I've been re-reading Being And Nothingness and every mention of determinism and freedom has me thinking about Devs. I didn't find the final episode entirely satisfying. I've got Atlanta up next but I might give Devs another watch first.

We just started Devs this evening...

Yesterday I came across a show called "Dude, You're Screwed." I have to say I was immediately drawn in by it. I ended up watching the entire first season last night. I like watching these guys come up with cool ways of using stuff and the scenery of the places they go is spectacular.

Penny Deadful, revisiting it from years ago in honor of halloween. Made it to 7th or 8th episode, I can’t take it any more. It‘s just too boring for me.
Went back to prime’s Second world war diary, day by day, I’m up to November 1940 :)

Just binged the first season of Hoops on Netflix. Made me LOL as it really reminded me of my high school and county basket ball days. Our coach was not right in the head 😆😆😆

Very well written, often funny and often very surreal. Unlike anything I've watched. Short episodes, 20 - 25 minutes long.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Much better than trying to watch the TV channels that don't have advertisements to try and keep you strapped down to your chair. You can do intermission any time you want. If you need to go to the fridge or go pee you can hit pause and not miss any of the show.

Top Bottom