What's new

What TV series you watching?

Finished Devs and started Wolf Hall. It took a while to get going but its good when it does. Mark Rylance is superb.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Finally saw the finale of Homeland. I thought that they ended it very well, I liked how they left it. It affirmed everything the series had established over 8 seasons.

While leaving it open to the possibility of a movie, or 3.

While leaving it open to the possibility of a movie, or 3.

After I finished watching it I went online to confirm that it was actually the last season because they left it WIDE open for more shows/seasons. While I grew weary of Claire Danes' quivering chin in emotional scenes I never grew weary of the show and would welcome even more.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
After I finished watching it I went online to confirm that it was actually the last season because they left it WIDE open for more shows/seasons. While I grew weary of Claire Danes' quivering chin in emotional scenes I never grew weary of the show and would welcome even more.

Maybe we'll see a spinoff series. It was a very popular show.

Wife and I began rewatching Jesse Stone last night. We hadn't seen it in years. What a great show. One a night should give us 9 nights of quality entertainment. We watched the first episode as I had forgotten the 2nd episode actually comes first in chronological order. We'll watch episode 2 tonight, showing how he gets to Paradise.

I just finished the second season of Castle Rock. I thought that both seasons were very well done. The first season was one of those "WTH is going on?" kind of shows. The second season was easier to follow. I love all the nods and bows to the works of Stephen King. From using actors in King story adaptations- Sissy Spacek (Carrie), Tim Robbins (Shawshank Redemption) and Bill Skarsgard (It) to the many references to characters and elements from his many stories. It was fun spotting them. While it wasn't a "must watch" series I thought it was well executed, entertaining and enjoyable.

I watched the last episode of Wolf Hall last night. Very impressed. It got better as it went on. It's very well acted and the production is superb, with great attention to detail. Besides Mark Rylance, all of the other acting performances are well done but I particularly liked Damien Lewis' portayal of Henry VIII. He's just as I imagined him in the Holbein painting. Well worth the time and effort.

We have been off the deeper shows we were watching, and have been watching the entertaining, if not quaint Great British Baking Show (or Bakeoff, if you live in the UK). Starting with last years Bakeoff, and moving backword in time before everyone fled due to the Channel4 takeover.... We are almost finished Series 7 (2016).

But, we started 1 episode of Unortadox, but found that a little too dark for this day and age. And last night watched an episode of Hollywood... that one I think we will keep watching.

About two episodes into Mosaic. Sharon Stone and the production values/direction are excellent. Might be a little heavy-handed in the narrative. Seems to be building to a decent murder mystery.

We have been off the deeper shows we were watching, and have been watching the entertaining, if not quaint Great British Baking Show (or Bakeoff, if you live in the UK). Starting with last years Bakeoff, and moving backword in time before everyone fled due to the Channel4 takeover.... We are almost finished Series 7 (2016).

My wife and I love The Great British Baking Show. I find it to be very relaxing and charming. It's so nice to see a competition that isn't spoiled by trash talk, attitude and intimidation. We were concerned that the quality of the show might suffer with the big shake-up of personnel but we were pleased to find that the show was just as good and just as charming with the new faces.

My wife and I love The Great British Baking Show. I find it to be very relaxing and charming. It's so nice to see a competition that isn't spoiled by trash talk, attitude and intimidation. We were concerned that the quality of the show might suffer with the big shake-up of personnel but we were pleased to find that the show was just as good and just as charming with the new faces.

Right. I LOVE how they help each other when they are allowed, support each other's work, and show genuine respect for each other. Refreshing, compared to other competition shows!

Top Bottom