What's new

What should we call the new German Personna Platinum's?

What should we call the new German Personna Platinum?

• German Platinums

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • German Golds

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Gold Platinums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Personnas

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 29 40.3%

• Total voters
So why isn't there the simple choice "German Personnas"? There is no other Personna model made in Germany.
Also the blue is so much more than the gold on the packaging. Doesn't seem logical to me to call them Golds.

There might not currently be any other Personna's made in Germany, but if they are moving out of the Israeli plant, then they are likely to move the Crystals to Germany as well (if not already the case) which would mean two German Personna's. I thought about blue instead of gold, but that could be confused with the Personna Lab Blues as well as the UK Israeli Reds which also come in blue packaging. Gold seemed to be the only colour not used elsewhere.

Anyone who has experience with the Reds get hold of the new German Blue/Gold replacement? If so, how do they compare?
I've just had my second shave with one of the new German made Personna Platinum Chromes. Yep, exactly the same as the "Reds" (which are my benchmark blades).

EXCEPT, they now have wax dots to hold them in place in their wrappers! But don't worry guys. They are four sensible, tiny, dots which do exactly what they're meant to do... unlike some Gillettes and Feathers where releasing them from their wrappers can be a hazardous adventure, followed by them bonding the cap and baseplate of your DE Razor together. Then if you have one of those DE Razors that covers the blade tabs you're in for yet another hazardous adventure.

SUMMARY
Personna Platinum Chromes rock, including the new tiny wax dots. :cornut:

Sun in German is Sonne. Rhymes with Personna plus these are golden against a blue background of the "sky". So just call them Sonne or sonnen or Sonne's aka the golden ones

Sent from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

Red german personnas (same blades from Israel were called red israeli personnas)

I'm still able to get Israeli red personnas so I don't think they moved all production.
Still listed as production in Nazareth plant.

Anyone else see the boxes of personnas that don't say where they're made say "superior technology from American safety razor co., USA" box similar to the german one but doesn't say german.
Screenshot_20200920-081022__01.jpg

Sellers saying they are made i Israel and genuine israeli personnas.
I'm all kinds of confused
I was confused back in 2015 and now it seems it's even worse :-/

Well gents I have accidently gotten these blades "personna gold?" In the mail in a 100 pack box similar to what gillette lab blues come in.
Made in germany says on box personna platinum chrome on blade just like my israeli reds do. But blade wrapper says made by edge well in shelton CT.
And says comfort coated on the wrapper too ?!?
Didn't know they came in this packaging.
No gold at all and different blade wrapper

So are these comfort coated israeli reds ? Made in Germany like box says?
IMG_20200925_151756.jpg

Started a thread on these.

Last edited:
That only identifies Edgewell‘s headquarters, not necessarily where the blades are made
That only identifies Edgewell‘s headquarters, not necessarily where the blades are made
So are these the new german reds? No gold on box and not sure if the name personna gold has stuck yet.
Didn't know they were comfort coated unless they were just using the same wrappers they are on the labs now.

So are these the new german reds? No gold on box and not sure if the name personna gold has stuck yet.
Didn't know they were comfort coated unless they were just using the same wrappers they are on the labs now.
I reckon it's just a continuation of Personna's occult blade naming modus operandi. :001_rolle

The blades that say "comfort coated" are the Personna Lab Blues made by AccuTech in Verona, VA. The blades stamped Personna Platinum Chrome are the same as the Israeli Reds. They are two completely different blades, but each has its following. I have a tough beard. The "comfort coating" on the Lab Blues is so thick that the blade is not sharp enough for my beard on the first shave. After the coating starts to wear off, it becomes as sharp as the Platinum Chrome blades. Thus, I prefer the Platinum Chrome. Those whose beards are not quite as tough might prefer the Lab Blues.

The blades that say "comfort coated" are the Personna Lab Blues made by AccuTech in Verona, VA. The blades stamped Personna Platinum Chrome are the same as the Israeli Reds. They are two completely different blades, but each has its following. I have a tough beard. The "comfort coating" on the Lab Blues is so thick that the blade is not sharp enough for my beard on the first shave. After the coating starts to wear off, it becomes as sharp as the Platinum Chrome blades. Thus, I prefer the Platinum Chrome. Those whose beards are not quite as tough might prefer the Lab Blues.
You didn't read my post
The blades say platinum chrome.
The wrapper says comfort coated.
The box says made in Germany.
I posted a picture. That is box, blade and wrapper.

Top Bottom