What's new

Even More Personna Confusion

Now I have a Personna Personality Disorder. I hope doctors can Feather it out. My wife is now calling me Dorco. Lord I need to Treet myself to a new razor. Wait, I think I saw a Tiger in the back yard chewing on a Derby. Well all I can say you all are a Winner and with my royal Wilkinson Sword, I dub & Crown all B & B members King C. Gillette me go now, BFX

I have some of those onhand. Next time I shave, I'll use one of these and post a review.

While searching through some listings for DE razor blades on Amazon, I came across the following item:

It looks like the already confusing branding of Personna blades has added yet another layer of complexity.

The packaging of the blades looks quite similar to that of the Personna Platinum Chrome blades previously made in Israel. Yet these new blades do not indicate that they are platinum coated. They state only that they are Stainless Steel blades. Nowhere on the blades, wrapper, tucks or carrier tray is there a mention of platinum chrome. These blades state on the carrier tray that they are made in Germany.

It may be that these blades are similar to the former Crystal blades made in Israel, but based on the marketing information, it is impossible to tell. I have some of the older Crystals and consider them to be good blades, but I much prefer the Platinum Chrome blades. Thus, I will not be purchasing these Personna Stainless Steel blades in the misleading red packaging.

If anyone who reads this does purchase them, please post a review of what you receive and how they shave to add some clarification to this confusion.

While searching through some listings for DE razor blades on Amazon, I came across the following item:

It looks like the already confusing branding of Personna blades has added yet another layer of complexity.

The packaging of the blades looks quite similar to that of the Personna Platinum Chrome blades previously made in Israel. Yet these new blades do not indicate that they are platinum coated. They state only that they are Stainless Steel blades. Nowhere on the blades, wrapper, tucks or carrier tray is there a mention of platinum chrome. These blades state on the carrier tray that they are made in Germany.

It may be that these blades are similar to the former Crystal blades made in Israel, but based on the marketing information, it is impossible to tell. I have some of the older Crystals and consider them to be good blades, but I much prefer the Platinum Chrome blades. Thus, I will not be purchasing these Personna Stainless Steel blades in the misleading red packaging.

If anyone who reads this does purchase them, please post a review of what you receive and how they shave to add some clarification to this confusion.

I just looked at my supply and noticed the slight differences in the packaging, which is par for the course for Personna's blade.

I'll try the Personna Stainless steel blades and let you know my experience.

Attachments

• 20221126_023157.jpg
    20221126_023157.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom