What's new

What should we call the new German Personna Platinum's?

What should we call the new German Personna Platinum?

• German Platinums

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • German Golds

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Gold Platinums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Personnas

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 29 40.3%

• Total voters
I'm going to have to change my name to personna german reds. Reds because they're the same blade as the Israeli reds just made in Germany.
I just got a box in the mail. 100 pack in single box. Made in Germany, platinum chrome on blade, wrapper says comfort coated for some reason. But no gold on this pack, so "gold" in the new name could get confusing.
IMG_20200925_151756.jpg

Sorry guys didn't mean to post picture twice.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to change my name to personna german reds. Reds because they're the same blade as the Israeli reds just made in Germany.
I just got a box in the mail. 100 pack in single box. Made in Germany, platinum chrome on blade, wrapper says comfort coated for some reason. But no gold on this pack, so "gold" in the new name could get confusing.
View attachment 1160055

Sorry guys didn't mean to post picture twice.
So those are the German Israeli reds in the old wrapper of the blues. This really helps to make it more complicated. Name suggestion: Personna German Reds

So those are the German Israeli reds in the old wrapper of the blues. This really helps to make it more complicated. Name suggestion: Personna German Reds
Due to the original packaging they were called Israeli Reds (from the Israeli Factory). I like the "Personna Red" tag and intend sticking to that (even though I thought it was better to call them Personna Platinum Chrome after the factory move).

I say let's just stick to "Personna Red." They're a great blade, and the packaging (usually) lets us know where they were made.

I've stocked up on the old "Israelis" because I hate wax dots. :biggrin:

Due to the original packaging they were called Israeli Reds (from the Israeli Factory). I like the "Personna Red" tag and intend sticking to that (even though I thought it was better to call them Personna Platinum Chrome after the factory move).

I say let's just stick to "Personna Red." They're a great blade, and the packaging (usually) lets us know where they were made.

I've stocked up on the old "Israelis" because I hate wax dots. :biggrin:
I totally disagree :laugh:because where they were made is an important difference and should be reflected in the name, cause I also hate glue dots :scared:. So that means they didn't move the machines of the Nazareth factory, but are using East German or Russian machines to produce the Personna German reds??? BTW, I just ordered Israeli reds from a webshop cause they put a picture of the Israeli ones, but received the German reds :c17:. The hassle of returning.

Did they put workshop machines on a cargo and dispatched them from Israel to Germany? Because if the machines are different, the blade is different, full stop.

Or am I missing something?

Did they put workshop machines on a cargo and dispatched them from Israel to Germany? Because if the machines are different, the blade is different, full stop.

That was exactly my question in the post above, because #Cal mentioned the glue dots on the wrapper of the German reds.

AFAIK they moved the production equipment from Israel to Germany, but that's just based on what somebody said here on B&B. So not exactly an official source.

I do know that I can't feel any difference at all between German and Israeli Personna Platinums.

AFAIK they moved the production equipment from Israel to Germany, but that's just based on what somebody said here on B&B. So not exactly an official source.

I don't believe that for a second. Wasn't production transferred to a plant/contractor which was a blade manufacturer already?

I don't believe that for a second. Wasn't production transferred to a plant/contractor which was a blade manufacturer already?
Someone in my shaving group is a blade nerd. According to him the German Personna Reds are produced in a blade factory that used to produce blades in former Eastern Germany. It has to do with a Harry known for blade subscriptions or something, who is owning the factory. By all means do your own research. It might explain the glue dots that seemed popular in the former USSR.

Top Bottom