What's new

What shaving rules must you abide by?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
-Try to enjoy shaving and being a minimalist is OK and I started that way at first and sort of became a hobby some how and has given me years of enjoyment.
-2 shave brushes are better than one IMO, one in use while the other is waiting for the next shave seems to work well for a daily shaver .
-I like to stick to a pre-shave routine that seems to work well and results speak for themselves.
-Try to keep shaving like KISS (Keep It Simple Shaving) and that works well or what works stick to it.
-Nothing wrong with a shaving budget for the year and just try to stay within that goal if possible.
-All my shave gear is paid for by just grooming myself with haircut trimmings(same as head shaving) and shaving using DE & SE razors over the last 6 years and that has been one of the reasons I learned how to shave properly and possibly save a few dollars. If a person can find a great razor and a few great shave brushes and a couple hundred blades with minimal soap over time you will have great shaves and save money possibly IMO.

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
the blackest despair!
1701381066225.png

Not many rules.

1. Don't rush.

2. Don't move the razor sideways along blade.

Now some guidelines.

Work on the lather, refer to Rule 1.

No absolutely no slants! Need to maintain straight lines for beard. No matter how cool they are

Use the guard of the razor (steep angle to neutral).

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Use just enough pressure to cut the whiskers. If you can feel it, it’s too much. Or it’s somewhere dense like the chin or upper lip. The whiskers there like rule-breakers alright alright alright

Top Bottom