What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

Tedalus Essence shavette

dWvkmJX.jpg

Eben Stone

Staff member
Feather ACSS + Feather Pro Super

First shave with the super blade. I can barely tell any difference compared to the Pro blade. I think maybe I was able to achieve a slightly closer shave, but the difference isn't really noteworthy. I was expecting a lot more.

Is there a way to stick something in the holder, behind the back of the blade, so there is more blade exposure?

shavette.jpeg

Shavette: No name sliding shavette (Very low blade exposure give a safe shave, no nicks/cuts)
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Brush: Jaguar 783
Soap: Wilkinson Stick (Tallow and Lanolin joint venture works great !!)
Post Shave: Marmara 13 (Nice cooling effect) and Arko Cream

Eben Stone

Staff member
Feather ACSS + Feather Pro Super #2

I find the slight increase in blade exposure of the super blade makes it "easier" to use.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD,Friday, June 4th 2021

Razor: Kai style folding shavette- great priced shavette, well made, good entry type shavette for newbe's or seasoned shavers.
Blade: Kai protouch guarded(1) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity, less nicks, cuts, & weepers IMO.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood, great scent + great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar bristle, still sheds 1 or 2 hairs, nice handle + very enjoyable soft tips with good backbone for a boar.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + picks. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel, Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 chin weeper= :a17:excellent shave with my Kai style shavette + a Kai protouch.
SE SOTD, Fri, June 4th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Previously posted in Double Edged Razor: What razor/blade did you use today forum, but seems more appropriate here. Recently received this YNR Instruments (Manchester, England) ‘kamisori’-style ‘shavette’ ring razor (bought out of interest for £5.99 from amazon.co.uk - came with a free pack of 10 Chinese DE blades) and used for the first time with a half Feather DE blade inserted. Excellent BBS shave and no blood letting involved. Stainless steel and decent swing-lock construction. Depth of the head is greater than that of a scaled shavette/barberette and the same as a modern medium 2chogake Iwasaki kamisori.

A8D28754-C7B2-4312-80B0-B180F3BC7557.jpeg

Eben Stone

Staff member
20210622_193947.jpg

SR shave #40
Preshave: Proraso red
Razor: Feather AC SS
Blade: Feather Pro Super #1
Brush: Sawdust Creations Studio Chocolate Goodness 26mm
Soap: TBS maca root
Aftershave: DG/CL Confluence

This shave #40 was going to be my make it or break it shave. Surprisingly, I actually achieved a close shave. No where near as close as what I can achieve with the Blackland Dart or RazoRock Hawk V3-OC, but I finally made some noticeable progress since SR shave #12.

I'm assuming my success is related to using TBS maca root and a new Feather Pro Super. The maca root is the best performing soap I've ever used.

yesil50mm.jpeg

After a while another shavette shave.
Shavette: Feather Clone (I love this green :thumbup: , I confess I bought a black one also, but I always pick this shinny green :001_rolle)
Blade: Feather Pro #4
Brush: Yaqi Two band 24mm. One of my favorite yaqi brush.
Soap: SV Cosmo
Post Shave: 4711 and last drops of John Varvatos (may be another two shaves)
Result: Irritation free very nice shave 10/10

I just visited the website; seems like a very interesting shavette.
Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
It is the closest thing to a real straight razor you will ever find in shavette form. The fact that it takes DE and Injector blades in addition to the AC blades is just the icing on the cake.

"In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away, when a body has been stripped down to its nakedness."
ANTOINE DE SAINT EXUPÉRY

AB38.jpeg

Another Ali Biyikli Sahvette shave paired with Gillette Super Platinum (Black Box) ("GSP"). GSB is medium-sharp and serve very good with Ali Biyikli.
Basak Turkish Boar Brush hairs looks like Semogue SOC Boar. But Basak doesn't eat lather. Very soft and nice on face.
SV Cosmo is very slick soap that I like to use with Shavette.
4711 gave a decent refershment after one pass shave.
No nicks and cuts.
Result, irritation free a 10/10 shave.

View attachment 1288108

Another Ali Biyikli Sahvette shave paired with Gillette Super Platinum (Black Box) ("GSP"). GSB is medium-sharp and serve very good with Ali Biyikli.
Basak Turkish Boar Brush hairs looks like Semogue SOC Boar. But Basak doesn't eat lather. Very soft and nice on face.
SV Cosmo is very slick soap that I like to use with Shavette.
4711 gave a decent refershment after one pass shave.
No nicks and cuts.
Result, irritation free a 10/10 shave.
I have a tin of Cosmo coming tomorrow or the day after. Looking forward to trying it out. I've been using Felce, but it's almost gone. Didn't want to be without an SV soap in the house.

Top Bottom