Eben Stone

Staff member
20210329_223720.jpg

SR shave #10
Razor: Feather AC SS
Blade: Feather pro #10
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite
Aftershave: B&M reserve classic

3 pass: WTG, XTG, ATG (except mustache and chin). No cuts, 2 micro nicks, no alum burn. Pretty happy with the results.

Eben Stone

Staff member
SR shave #12
Blade: Feather pro #2
Soap: TBS maca root
Aftershave: TBS maca root

Wow this maca root cream is really slick. First SR shave that I'm actually happy with the closeness.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD-Fri, April 2nd 2021

Razor: Kai style AC shavette- MFG 2018> excellent made razor, easy to work the face & good starter or daily Shavette AC razor.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded AC blades- excellent blade for learning on a Shavette or a seasoned shaver, safety guard helps me.
Soap: Gillette Pure cream- nice scent and has great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra handle 26mm :001_wub: -excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Kai style Shavette with a Kai protouch guarded blade.

SE SOTD, Fri, April 2nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Monday I fired up the Woody after a month on some slants for another project. I was thinking I had only two uses on a Kai Pink that I'd been saving. Man. Tugs, chatters, pulls...so I consulted my shave diary and discovered that I had 8 uses on it. Definitely time for the bin.

Pulled out the Focus Slim for Wednesday and snapped a fresh blade. Lovely shave.

Just goes to show; sharp wins.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday April 9, 2021
Razor: Focus Slim Al
Blade: 1/2 Astra SP (2)
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Soap: Yardley Almond

Nice smooth shave today; that's the executive summary. :)

Wednesday I managed to give myself an inconsequential little nick. Never even felt it, but saw one drop of blood. Hit that spot again today and it was just as painless but bled a bit. Styptic is our friend.

Then I managed to slice the tip of my right little finger. Sheesh. I was stretching with the right and shaving with the left. Finished a stroke, lifted the razor, decided to rinse it, and bing change of direction and the finger was in the way. More blood but no real damage to anything except my pride. Usually I use a folded washcloth to get a grip, but I was on some dry skin next to the lather and thought I had it going.

Got it, all right. :)

O.H.

Not sure why, but today felt like a shavette day...
PXL_20210410_200636560-01.jpeg

Universal Lama Intera / Doall
XPEC Original
New to me Simpsons' Duke 3 in Best
Pinaud Clubman

Still enjoying occasional use of the Lama Intera. Still working through a blade sampler. The Doall is unknown to me but provided a very smooth shave.

The Simpsons is a less dense knot than I typically use. Felt a little floppy, but oh-so-soft. I'll give it a try with a harder soap tomorrow before making up my mind.

Ron R

SOTD, Friday, April 9th 2021

Razor: Kai Luffy Style shavette- Mfg 2018> well made Zamac folding razor, easy to manipulate around the face, good razor to learn with or just enjoy as a seasoned shaver. This style of Shavette allows a person to access Feather or Kai guarded blades.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded- excellent blade, Sharp & smooth + well made. Great way to learn and reduce nicks & weepers. I like this blade so much that I bought a AC SE razor to try out.
Soap: Razorock XXX- nice clean scent, Excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express synthetic, nice to look at handle with nice 24 mm knot. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + gentle scrub & great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 pickups. WTG + 2X ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + some weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Kai style folding shavette + Kai protouch guarded blades. Maybe pushing the blade to max before letting me know who is in charge of the outcome. :001_smile

SOTD, Fri, April 9th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Eben Stone

Staff member
Preshave: Proraso red
Blade: Feather pro #1
Brush: Vikings Blade white knight
Soap: Wickham 1912 le bleu
Aftershave: Stirling bergamot and lavender

Got a little punishment today for pushing my ATG pass from 3rd to 2nd. 1 small cut under my jawline and some alum sting. The soap performance was amazing, just not a huge fan of the scent. Very close shave and excluding the cut my skin feels great.

Ron R

SE SOTD, Fri, April 16th 2021

Razor: Kai Folding Shavette type(Luffy)- Great Zamac shavette, easy to manipulate around the face, I like this folding type.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded (4)- Excellent blade, very smooth & sharp compared to a naked edge. Great blade to learn with or just shave IMO.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- nice scent with excellent lather properties,(discontinued?) One of the better soaps in their line IMO.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG+ pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS + DFS+ BbS + no irritation + 1 tiny weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my Kai style Shavette with a Kai Protouch guarded blade.

SE Shavette, Fri, April 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these Times!

Top Bottom