What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What shave soap do you have the most of? How many do you have?

SharpieB

Contributor
Stirling is the brand I have the most of. I have 8 or 9 different soaps.

The actual soap (not brand) I have the most of is St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot as I have 6. It was on sale for about $5 on Amazon (normally $25-30), so I stocked up. It is a cream though.

Yea, seems like you loaded up before they changed for the worse.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
One of my first good soaps, years ago, was GFT Violet. I love the scent. I didnt stock up as I didnt know formulas change. I was still very new.

A while later I read about crappy lathers and sodium palmate. That's when I purchased a few pucks. When I see GFT soaps, I ask about the formula. If its potassium palmate I stock up. I've purchased 5-8 pucks at a time. The last puck I purchased was just 2 weeks ago. I stopped at a local barber supply store that carries GFT. I went through all of them and purchased the last potassium palmate puck they had, which happened to be rose scented.

I have 10 MWF pucks. If i heard they were going out of business I would buy another 40 right away. I have 4 DR triple milled beauties. Again, If they ceased production I would buy another 40. I have 8 Fine Platinum (hard formula) which are good but i regret stockpiling so many.

So i have more than enough......
Great minds!...
I have 8 pucks of MWF in my stash, in addition to the 70 soaps in rotation.

But for the most soap from one brand (weight wise), would be 8 pucks of SV soaps.

Owen Bawn

"Ask me about a fluffernutter"
Either vintage Williams or today's Williams. I have at least 20 pieces of each. Nearly as many sticks of Palmolive. It's been a long time since I counted.

Great minds!...
I have 8 pucks of MWF in my stash, in addition to the 70 soaps in rotation.

But for the most soap from one brand (weight wise), would be 8 pucks of SV soaps.
Didn't you have a bunch of LEA pucks at one time? Did you get rid of those?

martym

I Leave The Toilet Seat Up.
Contributor
Contributor
That's awesome. My wife would kill me if I bought a freezer to store my soaps.
I only use the door for soaps. The rest is used for trout, redfish, hogs, deer, and nilgai. It’s pretty bare right now through.

Reactions: GNR
Top Bottom