What's new

What shave soap do you have the most of? How many do you have?

Stirling is the brand I have the most of. I have 8 or 9 different soaps.

The actual soap (not brand) I have the most of is St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot as I have 6. It was on sale for about $5 on Amazon (normally $25-30), so I stocked up. It is a cream though.

Yea, seems like you loaded up before they changed for the worse.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

One of my first good soaps, years ago, was GFT Violet. I love the scent. I didnt stock up as I didnt know formulas change. I was still very new.

A while later I read about crappy lathers and sodium palmate. That's when I purchased a few pucks. When I see GFT soaps, I ask about the formula. If its potassium palmate I stock up. I've purchased 5-8 pucks at a time. The last puck I purchased was just 2 weeks ago. I stopped at a local barber supply store that carries GFT. I went through all of them and purchased the last potassium palmate puck they had, which happened to be rose scented.

I have 10 MWF pucks. If i heard they were going out of business I would buy another 40 right away. I have 4 DR triple milled beauties. Again, If they ceased production I would buy another 40. I have 8 Fine Platinum (hard formula) which are good but i regret stockpiling so many.

So i have more than enough......

Great minds!...
I have 8 pucks of MWF in my stash, in addition to the 70 soaps in rotation.

But for the most soap from one brand (weight wise), would be 8 pucks of SV soaps.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Either vintage Williams or today's Williams. I have at least 20 pieces of each. Nearly as many sticks of Palmolive. It's been a long time since I counted.

Great minds!...
I have 8 pucks of MWF in my stash, in addition to the 70 soaps in rotation.

But for the most soap from one brand (weight wise), would be 8 pucks of SV soaps.
Didn't you have a bunch of LEA pucks at one time? Did you get rid of those?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That's awesome. My wife would kill me if I bought a freezer to store my soaps.
I only use the door for soaps. The rest is used for trout, redfish, hogs, deer, and nilgai. It’s pretty bare right now through.

Reactions: GNR
2 Ethos
2 MDC
1 Canada
2 SV
30D868B8-8CDF-46ED-8A1B-E2750757C87D.jpeg

Top Bottom