What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

I fell off the restraint bandwagon and bought a bunch of stuff during the AliExpress 10th Anniversary Sale:

Brushes

Yaqi 24mm "Black Marble" Silvertip
proxy.php

Yaqi 24mm "Aqua" Tuxedo

proxy.php

Yaqi 24mm "Purple" Mink

proxy.php

Yaqi 26mm "Deep Blue" Timber Wolf

proxy.php

Razor

River Lake Futur clone (matte finish w/10 Dorco ST300s thrown in)
proxy.php

Razor Handle

Yaqi 70mm "Shorty" nickel-plated brass handle

proxy.php

The total cost was about $110, but with the discounts, coupons, and a promo code from AliExpress Blog, the final tally was $45. Not bad!

Late last night, but I ordered a 100 blade sample pack from Amazon. 18 different brands. That, a notebook, and pen should help my hunt for my favorite blade. Well, top 5 anyways.

Picked up an Omega 10005 boar brush and a styptic pencil from my local pharmacy. Brush needs a good wash as it smells vaguely like a pig sty (go figure).

Let us know how you like it.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk
First shave today. Warm shower, Crown Pre Shave, Tabac Stick & Simpson Trafalgar T2. Only needed two passes, WTG , XTG and buffing under chin. Had two weepers, my fault on neck & chin, cured by syptic pencil. Would rate as DFS if not BBS with a little irritation on chin. Used Alum Stick & Stirling Unscented Post Shave Balm. The Hawk V2 mows down the whiskers with the Personna blade. Usually I have to do three to four passes on my neck, but two handled it easily. It’s a keeper! Not sure it will become my daily driver, but easy to use and will most probably be in my normal rotation of razors.

Norhing yet, but I keep telling myself if I place that order in my shopping cart for that 1KG block of Cella, the Clubman Pinaud, and the Ogallala Bay Rum I won't need to buy a single shaving item for a couple years at least......

Ordered a jar of MdC Original today. After this months card statement cuts I think I’m going to be forced into sabbatical by my better half.

Top Bottom