What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

A folding plastic shaving bowl from The Shaving Time in the UK

Haven’t seen any on other sites I haunt. Looks like it was meant for the camping fraternity.

Retails at £7.90 GBP so about 9USD I guess.

It has very very pronounced nodules in the base, is light and a generous size

It whips up lather like a demon in no time flat. Wish I’d seen one years ago.

Now I have three just in case
Anyone in the States will be pleased to know it comes from Stirling Soap Company. The Collapsible Silicone Shaving Bowl, at $6 a piece. :wink2:

Here's my mail call from Maggard's today.

maggardsmailcall04082020.jpg

Orders placed this afternoon but I probably won't see either delivered before end of next week at earliest.

I decided that 4 aftershave splashes just wasn't enough so now have a bottle of PAA Atomic Age bay rum, Ogallala Lime and Peppercorn bay rum, Proraso Red, Clubman Pinaud, and Clubman Reserve Gents Gin en route, along with a 1kg block of Cella.

With everything I already have at home, I should be set for a couple years without actually needing to buy any shave supplies, however we all know that wants in this hobby quickly become needs so I'm not naive enough to say I won't be buying anything else, but I think I've got the itch scratched for the foreseeable future with this most recent order and the order for the Karve razor I'm also waiting on(hoping so anyway....lol).

Won an auction yesterday on Ebay for a Merkur 45c in bakelite. The big question now is when will it arrive to me. From the Uk it takes usually 7-9 days but with all this going on it might be delayed.

A new brush from Elite Razor with the 26mm Mother Lode knot. The tips are very soft, and I can see this having slightly less backbone than the Black Wolf knot in one of my Nathan Clark/Envy Shave brushes. Plus, it came in a nice carry case. I'm really looking forward to using it!

ERCarryCase.jpg
ERToken.jpg
ERMotherLode.jpg

Apparently I was drinking and shopping last night. Ordered some M&M Nantahala soap/AS.

Man those morning emails detailing purchases you don’t remember making are fun...

From Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements:

Atomic Age Eau de Parfum
Atomic Age Deodorant

From Stirling:
Black Cherry Splash (glacial menthol)
Sandalwood Shave Soap
Deep Blue Sea Shave Soap
Black Cherry Shave Soap
Bergamot Lavender Shave Soap
Baker Street Shave Soap

From Italian Barber:
Proraso Red Aftershave Lotion (400ml)
TOBS Sandalwood Shave Cream
Santa Maria del Fiore Shave Soap
Razorock Son of Zeus Shave Soap
Proraso Red Pre-shave cream

From eBay:
Gem Micromatic Razor
NOS Gillette Tech with unopened Blue Blades
NOS Vintage English Leather Aftershave

From Tryablade:
Gem PFTE SE blades (20)

Yes, I got my stimulus money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Since I'm 77 and stuck at home in the Swamp with Coronovirus all around, I decided to purchase the most expensive ( for me) shave brush. I figured I might as well enjoy my shaves with a piece of art.

A GRIFFITH Custom made MAMMOTH TUSK ( with turquoise dust resin to fill small hairlines) brush filled with Manchurian Silver Tip badger.

Grabbing all the gusto I can before I slide into home base!

Top Bottom