What's new

What razor or razors have you purchased to keep as spares?

-GreenCult 1.1 (I've since sold 1)

-Focus Tritok aluminum Concave

-Dovo Primo II (it's that good and it's cheap)

-Chiseled Face Legacy Titanium (bought the aluminum version as a spare)

-Henson aggressive +++ aluminum (Bought the titanium version which I guess can be called a spare) even though the titanium is now my primary!

-Razorine Flatboy, full brass version

I’m a sucker for a made in Morecambe England….
IMG_5722.jpeg
Souplex. I honestly don’t know why it is so good. Others may probably hate it but just seems to suit me perfectly. One of these is going to a new home very soon but I will always make sure I have a back up in reserve.
It’s my current joint favourite weapon in the never ending war on whiskers along with the Henson AL13+++. Light is right it seems for me.

Bought a second twig recently. It's less a spare and more an addition because I decided to get the mercury instead of the prizm the first time, so when the prizm came back in stock I decided to get it also.
leat twig.jpg20230915_162942.jpg

Hi,

I have a spare Fasan DoubleSlant. They are made of bakelite and, sometimes, Zamak and so might just plain bust. So far, since 2013, no. But, Ihave a backup anyway.

The way it worked was I bought this one in 2013:

And, then I changed the handle out:

Then in January of 2014, I bought another one with a nickel plated Zamak top cap. And, then I changed the handle out on that one:

So, the original one is back in its box and I have shaved with the metal top cap one just about every day since.

I have some other razors around. Some family heirlooms, some just ones I wanted to try out

These are the Open Combs and they will get used next month. The Schick injector I use as a ground travel razor.

But you were asking about spare razors, and that is just the Fasan. I also have two Techs, one Pre War and one Post War and a SuperSpeed that were my father's. And, I suppose any of these could be considered spares. But I am thinking about razors bought to be the same thing that one is using, as a backup.

Stan

I don't have a single spare of the ones I own, because aside from my recently acquired Merkur Futur, I'm pretty sure the rest of my razors will outlive me and their next owners.

Having previously said I don't have any spares what I did do was to purchase a 2nd Shave It Co. "Shadow" razor which I really like, to replace my Merkur travel razor head. I still use the two piece Merkur handle with the Shadow head and now I get excellent shaves while on the road. The original Merkur head was ok but the Shadow is excellent.

Top Bottom