What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: BIC Astor
Shaving Cream: CF Sherlock
Aftershave: Proraso sensitive skin balm
Brush: Yaqi 30mm synthetic
IMG_20230206_160804.jpg

First usе of R41 and it took my neck off. I need to adjust my shaving technique!

Feb 6th: D-Days Growth

Muhle R41/Pol-Silver SI (5th)
Dove Men +Care Pre-Shave
Stirling Green/30mm Tuxedo
Stirling Green Aftershave Splash
Stirling Green Aftershave Balm
Polo Green Cologne/EDT

Scruffy to BBS in two passes, with the second simply being a formality to grab anything missed. (ATG, followed by WTG).

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Monday February 6, 2023
Razor: RazoRock Voonderbar
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: Arko

Pulled out the Superslant's talented but grumpy cousin for this week. I was feeling like I needed some mindfulness practice. :)

It was a good shave, though I can instantly see some differences in technique beween the Wunderbar and the Superslant. Mostly in shave angle; the WB liked it a little more on the cap.

O.H.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Game Changer .84 OC / BIC

One of my earliest SS razors, with the Super Knurl handle. Its efficiency is still hard to beat. It requires some more skill not to get injured and to get a perfect shave than my Timeless Slim OC though, but causes possibly less skin irritation, as one doesn't get into the scraping habit one can possibly develop with the Timeless Slim. Because that's what it excels at.

The JAWS plate doesn't get necessarily better regarding the result, but adds extra aggression. Maybe next time.

Unsolved mystery: A Lupo DC and even a clone of that exists, but there was never a Game Changer Dual Comb so far.

Top Bottom