What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Not as good as previous days, for a reason I will make clear.

Warm shower
Usual suspects
Cremo Scruff Softener
Proraso Protettivo shave cream
Pre-war Gillette Tech
Wilkinson Sword (3rd & final use)
1x each WTG, ATG, XTG
PREP: Derma Protective Cream*

7/10. On one hand, mostly BBS. On the other hand, the 3rd use a Wilkinson Sword blade is usually the final one, and for good reason; getting anything beyond 3 shaves out of one of these blades unlikely, and even the 3rd is a dicey matter. Much of my face was quite irritated and red after this shave. Hence using PREP as my aftershave- even though I originally purchased this as a pre-shave, but found after I used to treat my stepson's eczema that it's quite good for irritation as well. So, it helped last night, but my face is still a bit raw this morning, as I discovered when I walked that same stepson to the bus (-6C). So, yay n' stuff. I guess I'll move to using these W-S blades only 2x now on.

Gah,
-Z

Aylsworth Drakkant
Gillette Platinum (3)

Really enjoying this razor. It will definitely be going into my regular rotation. It’s very mild, but decently efficient, which is perfect for my daily shaves. There’s very little blade feel, which caused me to overbuff on my neck the first time using it. No major irritation, but I did have a couple of weepers. Since then it’s been perfect. With the mild (standard) plate it feels very close to the Overlander for me and I love the Overlander.

Rocnel Sailor / Nacet

E4B70480-8A50-42DF-8068-25A561846B1E.jpeg

Dec 5th:

Timeless 95 OC-SS/Crystal Super+(9th) - 1st Use since OCtober
Dove Men +Care Pre-Shave
Stirling Green/RR 26mm Monster
Stirling Green Mentholated Splash
Stirling Green Balm

Need to double check the blade, but smooth, close, comfortable BBS shave this morning. (Almost felt too good for a blade with 8 shaves on it, and I don't recall swapping the blade since October, having not used it).

Top Bottom