What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Gillette NEW LC and GSB

IMG_20200727_144749.jpg

Left vs Right Shave Day
Left: SLOC + Lab Blue = bad shave so I redid it with same blade in a Charcoal Goods Lithe - BBS!
Right: Lithe + Treet Black Beauty - BBS too.
Soap: Already Squoze out & used all the Creamo I could, so I added 10ml warm water to dissolve the residual Cremo in the tube. To this I added 1 tsp Lea Classic and 1/2 tsp lanolin + glycerine mix. This has the consistency of Lucky Tiger. It makes a dense (not fluffy) and really slick lather.

I've used the Treet Black Beauties in Techs and New SC's before and wasn't impressed with the shave. They seem to excel in my clunky Zamack-head razors: Semi-Slant, Lithe, a Franken Maggard V2 cap with Lithe bottom plate, and a Franken Lithe with Lithe cap & V2 bottom plate.

Left vs Right Shave Day
Left: SLOC + Lab Blue = bad shave so I redid it with same blade in a Charcoal Goods Lithe - BBS!
Right: Lithe + Treet Black Beauty - BBS too.
Soap: Already Squoze out & used all the Creamo I could, so I added 10ml warm water to dissolve the residual Cremo in the tube. To this I added 1 tsp Lea Classic and 1/2 tsp lanolin + glycerine mix. This has the consistency of Lucky Tiger. It makes a dense (not fluffy) and really slick lather.

I've used the Treet Black Beauties in Techs and New SC's before and wasn't impressed with the shave. They seem to excel in my clunky Zamack-head razors: Semi-Slant, Lithe, a Franken Maggard V2 cap with Lithe bottom plate, and a Franken Lithe with Lithe cap & V2 bottom plate.
I really want to like the Treet Blacks. I’ve never got them to shave as well as a decent stainless blade.

I really want to like the Treet Blacks. I’ve never got them to shave as well as a decent stainless blade.
I got them primarily to see if they worked as well as vintage Gillette Thins (they don't). After a couple of shaves, a Thin strops to shave smooth and close. I wanted to see if the Treet Carbon blades would do the same. Of course, for $6/100 blades, I'll just use them in the several razors I have that they shave well in and forget about trying to strop them.

Top Bottom