What's new

What made you happy today?

Our clowder will be increasing by TWO on Wednesday. Friends of ours are foster parents for shelter animals. Usually they take in dogs, but recently brought in a very preggers feral cat. That litter reached 12 weeks a short while back, has had all their shots, been spay/neutered and chipped, and are now up for adopting. While we only got one of the two girls we were hoping for, we did get the pick of the litter among the boys as compensation, so that make me happy today.

Last post by the originator of this thread was some time ago last summer/fall. It would make me happy to hear he is in good shape. He was a fellow kiter as I recall and I think of him everytime the thread is up.
We hope you are well, @John Rose!

I vaguely recall the Ozark chips from long ago. I don't know who produced them, but I doubt it was Guys or Lays. Most likely some small outfit in Missouri/Arkansas. They were sweeter than Guys from what I remember. Speaking of Guys, suddenly the brand is in several locations locally, after not seeing them for maybe twenty years. I just hope they are back to stay.

...turns out Ozark was the brand.

This made me happy.

1D9CE8E5-F71D-4269-8608-84DDC8DC819C.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Bought a croquet set and played my first game in about 35 years. The grandchildren liked it. Each won one game (wouldn’t be fair to beat them their first time).

View attachment 1119091View attachment 1119092
What I kind, deluded Grampa you must be! Let them win my eye! They look like naturals, and you've been out of the game all these years?!? Ha!

I was made happy by feeling good enough to get out and spend time with my lovely bride running errands!

It is amazing how such a simple act can be so sweet!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Bought the prototype Paladin Ivory Moe with 3 Skull & Crossbones engraved on it. First new brush in a couple of years.
Of course, others on here will be DEMANDING pictures, but I shall refrain from bothering you!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What I kind, deluded Grampa you must be! Let them win my eye! They look like naturals, and you've been out of the game all these years?!? Ha!

I was made happy by feeling good enough to get out and spend time with my lovely bride running errands!

It is amazing how such a simple act can be so sweet!
It was a fun, but hot and sticky, time

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Of course, others on here will be DEMANDING pictures, but I shall refrain from bothering you!
Well of course there will be pics when it gets here. I've been here long enough to know that, or it never happened. There is already the Paladin pic, of the actual brush, in the Paladin Brushes thread, but that hardly counts. You need one I took.
Paladin pic below.
105485445_1377355042459134_5587120509857526376_o.jpg

Finished decorating the master bedroom. Due to C19 we couldn't get any fresh wall paper. So its taken since March 5th to finish. Think that's bad, we've been in the house 10 years and its was the only room not done. What made me smile wasn't the finishing but SWMBO saying she enjoyed the time with me and as a team.

My Mom has ALS and couldn’t take care of her dogs anymore so since my dog passed end of December I took her dogs in early January. I visit my mom a few times a week and my Wife makes sure my Mom sees our 10month old son at least twice a week. But I don’t get her dogs up very much anymore, it’s tough to find time. Today we got our Son and the dogs up to visit at the same time.

My Mom can’t use her hands but I put her hands on the dogs to pet them for her. She was laughing for joy (talking and laughing is growing more difficult. So to see her laughing for such a long time was special. It made me very happy to see my Mom so happy.

Let me tell you, enjoy your parents while they are there, if things seem normal and mundane then trust me, those are the good times.

We adopted two kittens, to join our established pair of cats, a couple weeks back, brother and sister. Male is the typical cat . . . endlessly curious, eager to get into anything and damn the consequences. Female is timid and very shy. We started them out in our daughter's space in the basement, and it was not long before the male (Draco) was planning his escapes. Onyx (the female) has been quite content to stay with our daughter in her basement space until now, only venturing outside that territory when her brother is nearby. She immediately retreats if confronted by the two adults.

Today, Onyx and Draco were playing on the main floor of the house for a time. My daughter is a good cat-mom, and is brining Onyx along quite nicely. Makes me happy . . . for BOTH their sakes.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Got my damaged vinyl gable ends replaced with Hardie Plank. Now to find someone to paint my eaves, soffits, trim, and garage door until I can afford to get them (except garage door) replaced with HP. Thinking of going khaki.
AEC8C03D-DB9C-44A5-A9D3-66EC11EDEEB2.jpeg
85A8AB39-558A-466C-AD50-49CF41F1108A.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Wait, happy or unhappy?

My Hardie makes me happy. Painting does not.
I will be paying someone to do the painting. Sometimes it’s better to let the pros handle things. The eaves, soffits, and various trim will be around $12k to replace with Hardie Plank, so I’m saving it for next year. I have already spent over $16k this year on home improvements, so paint will buy me some time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Speaking to the wife while she's at work. She's a solicitor having double prisoners to sort out, still has time to call this old fart and tell me a dirty joke 😉
Reminds me of my paternal grandma. We’d play gin rummy after watching Benny Hill. If she had a beer or two she’d sing “she drinks and she smokes, and she tells dirty jokes, she’s the sweetheart of Sigma Chi”, then bust out laughing.

Top Bottom