What's new

What made you happy today?

(Yesterday, actually) we picked up a dog from a friend who is going to be traveling for two weeks.
The dog is a well-behaved "EskiPom", a Pomeranian/American Eskimo Dog mix.
When she (the dog) saw us coming, she ran toward us barking what her owner calls "her high-pitched happy bark".
We get to have a pet for two weeks and the dog doesn't have to go to a boring old kennel.
100_3392.JPG

I learned my room mate and best friend of 20 years finally had a diagnosis about part of why she's been slowing down so hard the past few months; 70% or greater occlusion of her right carotid artery. At least now we can plan to have the plug scooped out and hope for an astounding recovery. Surgery date is tentatively Thursday. Some people are darn hard to get to an Emergency Room. Stubbornness and fear are very real and very difficult to deal with. Now, if we can just make it to Thursday without complications.

Our AC is getting installed. Our house unit was 26 years apparently and it went up last Saturday. $4200 later they are installing the new unit today. This was the hottest week of the year so far, Murphy's law I guess...but we're so happy this is getting fixed. I've lost 7 pounds in the last week and have barely slept a wink.

A day delayed... Last time i'd run into an acquaintance of mine, end of April, she was days away from leaving here and flying off to Europe to attempt the El Camino. Hadn't seen her since then but ran into her yesterday and she did it, she and a friend hiked it in it's entirety. I'd often think of her and wonder about how things had gone or were going, was great to hear first hand.
dave

Our 3 1/2 yr old great-grandson is up from down south and making the relative rounds. We get to have him for 3 days this week. The kid can't wait. He loves coming to our house, including our boundaries and bedtime, which I don't think he's used to. It's quiet here and he gets to be a kid. There's no chaos, no pets and no yelling. He's got plenty of toy dinosaurs to play with, including a remote control T-Rex and a 6" 1954 Godzilla action figure, several dozen 1950's style green army men (to battle all the dinos, of course), blocks to build things and children's books from when our kids were little in the 70's and 80's. Just in case he gets tired and wants to watch TV, I recorded a bunch of PJ Masks episodes off Disney. My wife and I will be exhausted when he leaves, but it'll be fun while he's here.

Enjoy! My grandsons, twins, live just a few miles away and pop in all the time. I thoroughly enjoy their visits. But I do enjoy the quiet when they leave!! We Skype all the time too.
We did have a tragedy this morning, Batman, a black molly was floating. So Nana went over to take him to the doctor [insert toilet flushing icon here] then went and bought a replacement...:001_smile

She woke up after surgery!

and like oft the case, made nearly everyone's life near her a curse upon their day ) oh, for a little while anyway!(
mebbie home tomorrow: which would suit both of us just fine.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I had a great lunch with the two Marys in my life- my wife and my granddaughter (her name is really Kensington, but I, and I alone, call her Little Mary). I had a New York Strip, medium rare, with spinach and half a baked potato (the wife and I split one).

The other day, we were driving to the park to go for an evening walk, and I about pegged a turkey! I haven't seen a wild turkey in many years, and it made us giggle the way it strutted across the road.

Top Bottom