What's new

What made you happy today?

Decent weather on (so far) 2 out of the 4 days of Festival ImaginAIR, a local kite festival.
The wind did dip to almost nothing in the middle of the afternoon today, and the sky was nearly empty (of kites).
That was my opportunity to fly the Urban Ninja glider kite that I had made a few years ago.
Wingspan is 1.36 m, spine is 1 m.
proxy.php

It's designed for very low wind, and today it appeared at times just to hang there like a balloon.

Oh, and yesterday - buying a box of strawberries from a roadside fruit stand. :o16:

Last edited:
Visited my Mom in the hospital today. She had a pacemaker put in a few days ago, and is recovering fairly well.
She'll be 95 this August.

At last wild blueberries at the market this morning, bought enough for one pie, came home minus an arm and a leg. Also another two containers of blackberries, the freezer is looking good. Saturday will do it all over again.

This afternoon got the results from last weeks annual MRI and i'm good to go for another year.
dave

At last wild blueberries at the market this morning, bought enough for one pie, came home minus an arm and a leg. Also another two containers of blackberries, the freezer is looking good. Saturday will do it all over again.

This afternoon got the results from last weeks annual MRI and i'm good to go for another year.
dave

Was a crazy day today and earlier i overlooked the fact my wife survived getting her first tattoo this morning. I was out stocking the fridge and she was out getting inked. Still crazy after all these years...
dave

Today, just hearing my 3 year old daughter calling me daddy put a huge smile on my face and made me happy!
It's a wonderful feeling to be a father!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Today, just hearing my 3 year old daughter calling me daddy put a huge smile on my face and made me happy!
My 3 year old granddaughter knows she has me wrapped around her finger. She plays cool sometimes, then, when I least expect it, she wants a kiss and hug. It melts me every time.

It is a wonderful feeling and just wait until a grandchild calls you Grampy. I have twin grandsons who are just over 3 year old .

I was at Cabelas today and one of the fellows that works there gave me a friends and family day employee discount coupon. To cap it off, the lady in front of me in the checkout line had the cutest pair of Australian Cattle Dogs.

The dogs refused to believe me when I said I didn't have any biscuits.

Had a chance to have a coffee with a friend and hear tales of her recent hike of the El Camino de Santiago.
dave

We had the second iteration of a fortnightly recurring breakfast meeting at work this morning. I brought the concept over from the place I worked at last summer, and hoped it would take hold here. The first one had great turnout, but I was afraid the second one would be a bust. However, it wasn't!

I'm never amazed at how many people cite that their family makes them happy. Family is the best. My mom is very old and cantankerous, but I still had a great time hanging curtains for her yesterday. And today, photos of my grandson were all over facebook and it's just a pleasure to see his face.

I also had a great shave this morning with my new Asylum Evolution--great razor.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I was at Cabelas today and one of the fellows that works there gave me a friends and family day employee discount coupon. To cap it off, the lady in front of me in the checkout line had the cutest pair of Australian Cattle Dogs.

The dogs refused to believe me when I said I didn't have any biscuits.
What is the deal with people bringing their animals to the store?

I have been trying everyday to ride my bike 10 to 20 miles. The endorphin high is great and my back doesn't hurt. I did 13 this morning with my wife.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Some much needed rain that let me watch my fish spit...
IMG_5269.jpg

... and water run down the rain chain.
IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

Top Bottom