What's new

Is it okay to use facial cleanser with shaving brush for facial cleansing????

Hello everyone. How's everyone going? I hope everyone's going well.

Recently, I'm thinking about if whether or not I should use my shaving brush as part of my facial cleansing routine, so I'm just posting here in regard to daily facial washing during outside of shaving. The shaving brush that I'm using is a synthetic one, so it's not a real animal fur brush like badger or boar.

Regardless, I'm still wondering if whether or not I should apply a facial cleanser on my synthetic shaving brush for my daily facial wash (similar to how I would put shaving soap or shaving cream on my synthetic shaving brush for face lathering or bowl lathering)? I honestly like to have my daily facial routine a bit more fun.

Thanks a lot guys! :)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Guessing, but I can't imagine it would hurt a synthetic brush. Given the backbone of most synthetic brushes I'm not sure you're gaining any advantage either.

I have been using my spare badger brush for face cleaning for a few months now. Started after another poster mentioned it. I alternate between clearasil and cerave face washes and have not noticed anything bad happening to the brush yet.

I’ve been using a synthetic brush with olive oil based soap to wash my face daily for well over a year now. It has been working well for me, and I do enjoy it more.

You can use it, why not? I think a soft synthetic brush works pretty well as an adjunct brush. I keep a dedicated soft synthetic brush for pre-shave prep. The synthetic brush also makes a handy dispenser for small amounts of water when making a lather, etc.

I'm sure it doesn't matter. I have a finest badger that is a much shorter loft than I like, and I often use it in the shower to scrub my face. I see absolutely no negative effects.

I’ve done that on more than one occasion while at work. Helps remove the dirt and miscellaneous dust from my face, before I shower i.e. “shipboard” environment. Just rinse your brush well afterwards.

Highly recommend - I use a RR Plissoft in the shower with my face soap. It cleans my face well, exfoliates well, AND as a bonus, it makes for a great pre-shave discipline, lifting the hairs and preparing them for when I get out and shave.

I wouldn't and cannot recommend it. The whole point of facial cleanser is that it is gentle on the skin. If you want some scrub you can just buy exfoliating cleanser though even these aren't really necessary these days. If you did this everyday eventually you would be damaging your skin.

I wouldn't and cannot recommend it. The whole point of facial cleanser is that it is gentle on the skin. If you want some scrub you can just buy exfoliating cleanser though even these aren't really necessary these days. If you did this everyday eventually you would be damaging your skin.
@SydneyShaver you bring up a great point - I oversimplified my process. Most days I can get away with the aforementioned technique, but I have to be mindful not to be too rough. I live in an extremely humid place so I find it beneficial for me to exfoliate more often (due to the massive switch in outside humidity to inside "dryness") but at the end up the day, my main goal is to get to know my skin better and be healthy with it. As always, YMMV

Top Bottom