What's new

what is your "holy grail" shave item?

I agree.

Me looking at 1/4 grind Grelot

proxy.php

My thoughts exactly. I can never have too many hollow-ish 6/8 Le Grelots.

Any of the Putman, Reed, or other 1880-1905 Boston/Worcester made metal lathes that were in the Edison, Gillette, or A.C. Fairbanks machine shops at the time....Edison was the only one not in Boston...he was up the road a few miles in West Orange, NJ.

Then I could make new parts for and repair old Gillettes (and other stuff) on the same machines that made them.

Other than that, any and more of any of the prewar 3 piece Gillettes in original cases with all the case candy...the older the better (pre Diamond Logo is always nice), condition really not important.....oh, and a case of NOS 1904 original 3 hole Gillette blades still rust free and as sharp as the minute before they were wrapped.

Oh, and a couple nekkid females from any Scandinavian or Northern European Olympic Swim Team to lather my face before each shave (type of brush unimportant), and say "Oooooh, daht's klohse" and/or "Aaaaah, smooot" during and after the shave.

I don't want for much, really....

:blush:

Chris

Last edited:
I'm new to DE shaving so I'm sure my object of lust will change in the future, but I want a Darwin Deluxe more than anything else I've seen.

I just got my first one: a duke 3 in best.

From here I'm not sure what would be next. Maybe a mergress?

How about a $5k shopping spree at pasteurs? :001_unsur

I think it would be King Camp Gillette`s own razor. But the ones i have it is my - Vintage Gillette 1930 new style open comb, Vintage Gillette Super speed Red Tip and my Gem 1912. :)

I'll make a stab, norwegian C. Brose straight razors (more specifically the 7 day set)... awesome spine work, and from the motherland! Mid-late 1800's, as that is when Oslo was called "Christiania", then late 1800's to early 1900's it was "Kristiania", then back to Olso.

proxy.php

proxy.php

It gotta be my localy handmade scuttle, It has my name on it and i use it EVERY shave for my brush to warm in between passes :)

.....and here we have it :)

$20130425_122925.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to rock the boat. I love DE shaving but I'm not so enthralled with the 'traditional' image it has.

My DE89 razor looks modern and smart so I'd like a big, fat brush with a carbon fibre handle. None of this lathe-turned mahogany, buffalo horn or reindeer antler nonsense.

Something as big as the Kent BLK12:

proxy.php

In fact, there may be something like that already available - does anyone know of it if so?

I really just wanted to try an ATT razor but thanks to this post I now know it has to contain Damascus steel and carbon fiber. So thanks for this post so I have even more stuff to lust after. No really, thanks for more RAD.

tubeandplate;[URL="tel:4805405" said:
4805405[/URL]]Any of the Putman, Reed, or other 1880-1905 Boston/Worcester made metal lathes that were in the Edison, Gillette, or A.C. Fairbanks machine shops at the time....Edison was the only one not in Boston...he was up the road a few miles in West Orange, NJ.

Then I could make new parts for and repair old Gillettes (and other stuff) on the same machines that made them.

Other than that, any and more of any of the prewar 3 piece Gillettes in original cases with all the case candy...the older the better (pre Diamond Logo is always nice), condition really not important.....oh, and a case of NOS 1904 original 3 hole Gillette blades still rust free and as sharp as the minute before they were wrapped.

Oh, and a couple nekkid females from any Scandinavian or Northern European Olympic Swim Team to lather my face before each shave (type of brush unimportant), and say "Oooooh, daht's klohse" and/or "Aaaaah, smooot" during and after the shave.

I don't want for much, really....

:blush:

Chris

I will pass on the hardware but would really, really like that software in my shave den!!!

Top Bottom