What's new

What's your Holy Grail (got mine)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been shaving virtually every day at home with the same Wolfman razor I purchased in 2015 (2016?), but I don't consider it my holy grail, just the best razor for me that I've used so far.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I found a 1978 Black Beauty in new condition at a flea market. $5. Magnificent razor that is a sheer joy to shave with.

I wouldn’t have a razor that I wouldn’t use.
That was my first new razor. I got it for Christmas when I was 15. I used my Dad’s hand me down (an older Tech) for a year or two until I got the Black Beauty. I used if for at least 13 years, until I switched to electric. I just found a 1979 still in the package; it was close enough, so I had to buy it.

Bottom adjusting 195 Fatboy. I refuse to pay the price on EBay or any auction site. Maybe someday I will find one tucked away in a thrift or antique store.

Hit Garage Sales, and Estate Sales were the elderly reside, some old people are hoarders, and when the die some of the stuff at Estate n Grage sale is cray nuts. No have never scored any Vintage Razors, but people see em frequently. I have picked up original art that sits in home.

If you hit these sales, and do not see Razor or Shave Bowls, ask. Friend is pocket watch collector, he hit every sale, like a bird chirps, do you have any old pocket watches. One sale needs him 7 in a box he gave $20.00, and flipped for hundreds.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a little family of razors. I enjoy each and every one of them.... I do have two that seem to be the family Patriarchs/Matriarchs: the La Faulx bronze and SS AC razors. For me, it's sort of like asking: Which child is your favorite?

My father and mother-in-law had 7 children... He always told each of them... You are my favorite daughter.. or son..

Legion

Staff member
Dunno. I suppose my Pat. Apl'd. For is up there, as far as safety razors go.

IMG_7929.jpeg

Last edited:
SE. After many DE razors WR4 and La Faulx work way better for me. Thicker and sharper blade suit probably better my beard, skin, skills.. I still use and like many DE razors, but SE is just like what I was always looking for..

Top Bottom