What's new

What's your Holy Grail (got mine)

What is your Holy Grail of wet shaving? Mine just came in: it is a Fatboy Executive I believe it has never been used...
20240302_150350.jpg

Collecting is fine and I have nothing against it, but I view razors as a tool. I have a large antique mall by me that is filled with unused items. I see toys that were purchased for investments that were never used. I imagine the owners passed and dealers purchased the items at estate sales. I have a friend who collects firearms that will never be shot. When I see him, I always tell him to bring along his collection and we will shoot everything he hasn’t fired. I think my comments are viewed as heresy. But, maybe one day I will convince him to fire at least one.

1) I don't know about a good story but here it is. I only shave with a regular used Fatboy it was bought off ebay years ago. I started getting more in the wetshave culture and found out about the Executive Fatboy so I went on ebay to get one. No idea I'd find an unused one once I did I had to have it. I didn't pay more than the used ones I came across.

2) There's a few different kinds of people including: those that don't mind paying a bit extra for something they want, those that buy things as an investment, those that buy things to use, those that never buy anything unless it's a deal or fairly priced etc. As to what I am I never kept one of my toys in package my buddy kept all his toys in packages who had more fun lol. Life is short if something makes you happy go for it. The Executive feels amazing to shave with by the way very... solid.

Guess for on the topic of Holy Grail of wet shaving?
It more import to me (YMMV) to enjoy the full wet / traditional wet shaving process.
Sure it includes naturally the whole process. Each steps from start to end (prep, hardware, software, even cleanup) is holy grail journey that I love. Not one golden item....
Just as stated above by the great Mojo88, the razor is the tool.
Also for me, I have many different tools required for different jobs/tasks.

But hey, very glad you are happy.
You have found the razor of your dreams...

That is what makes this place so damn special, we all bring something different to the table!
Sharing our experiences and joy...

Cheers
BFX

I’m fairly new to wet shaving, as far as variety goes. I’ve used the Leaf razor, all three versions of the Oneblade, Proof razor, and the Henson AL13 in both mild and medium. I have a Henson Ti22 mild being delivered and received a Yates Winning razor v2 yesterday. So far the Henson mild is my grail but I haven’t tried out the Yates or the Ti22 yet…so that could very well change.

Grail?

If we're talking "the best I expect to find in the wild", then it is the Fatboy. And I found one, finally, in an antique mall...three days after I received one that I got from eBay. I bought the antique mall one on principle.

If we mean one I can realistically obtain, but would be expensive and not really justifiable? Tie between the Rex Ambassador or the stainless steel Timeless with all the bells and whistles.

If we mean the "I got 100% disability from the VA and got an entire year of pay in one lump sum", then Rocnel Sailor. But only folks on this forum would EVER know I spent that much on a razor.

Triplex cased with blades? in good knick at a reasonable price?
Reel to Reel preferably with blade reel? or similar,same caveat above!
seven pristine Wilkinson sword blades
a red Catalan tube Evans set[preferably red]
complete gold popular
an early early 7O'clock
a Darwin bajoui at a freakin reasonable price
a foreign officers set [complete] [best have long arms and deep pockets]
every clour slim twist ever made
+ more

so many, so little time, so much $ wasted

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Funny enough, I have two holly grail's, yes you heard that right.

( 1 ) Timeless TI95 razor = Holy grail position for titanium make up and smoother shaver!

proxy.php

( 2 ) Blackland Osprey = Holy grail position for best shaving razor in my arsenal!

IMG_5911.JPG

Two band super from Simpsons, please to God message me if you have one that's catching dust that you'd like to pass on...I don't care if it's 2030....message me.
1000013665.jpg

The thing about grail razors, is once you find one, you often find that there's another grail waiting out of reach.
Yup.

For the longest time mine was a TTO Milady “tech”. Knew the 1940s were easier to find and the 1956s were pretty much impossible. Passed buying the occasional 1940 that would come up over a decade ago when they were more common because I thought $80 was a lot then.
IMG_2768.jpeg

I managed to find both. Luckily the next one on the radar is easier to find.

Top Bottom