What's new

what is your "holy grail" shave item?

what is the one item you have, or would like to have,, above and beyond anything else?
a vintage razor? is it a brush?

for me i think it would be a big fat 7/8ths. filly with gold inlay and an ivory handle.

so what about you? what floats your boat? :boat:

Don't have one. It's sort of a collection of "holy grail"items that bring it all together. Proraso, Tcheon Fung Sing, RazoRock Boston Tea, Personna med blade, EJDE89 and Lucido. I'm in shaving nirvana. Every shave with the afore mentioned items have me on a BBS shave everydaywithout a nick of irritation. :w00t: Life.is.good.

ohhhh the irony... i just found my new holy grail. (doesnt count tho,, its a seven day set) but,, OMG!!! this was indeed the finest set i have ever seen.

rxonmymind, i like that! the bbs, and who cares about anything after that? i like the way you think.

Hardware: "E" Injector, Vie-Long Natural Brown Horse @ ~46/20
Software: Tabac Shave Soap, My only Soap for my First 33 years of Shaving, I could lather this in the dark, in a drunken-stupor with a thatch of hay (almost anyway)

My holy grail safety razor is a Gillette British #15. I don't care about the box, and I'd even prefer a replated item. I want that baby to last!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
A NOS pair of 9/8's W&B wedge and hollowground razors with original coffins and still wrapped in waxed paper with zero rust or patina hand delivered to me by Scarlett Johansson.

A NOS pair of 9/8's W&B wedge and hollowground razors with original coffins and still wrapped in waxed paper with zero rust or patina hand delivered to me by Scarlett Johansson.

I'll take anything hand delivered by Scarlett Johansson. Even the phone bill.
Shaving wise, I'll go with my Toggle I had rhodium plated.
Even though I mostly use a straight, the Toggle is still my favourite razor.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I'll take anything hand delivered by Scarlett Johansson. Even the phone bill.
Shaving wise, I'll go with my Toggle I had rhodium plated.
Even though I mostly use a straight, the Toggle is still my favourite razor.

You, sir, are after my own heart.

very, VERY easy:

$alexjacquesdamascus.jpg

I already had so many of my own razors, if we count all of the Atras, particularly, that I've resisted buying more than a couple, similar to some I once had. But I don't remember with certainty whether I had a 4th Gillette adjustable, a possible long handle Super Black Beauty. I suppose for now, that's one to enjoy a look at, have on a wish list. I already have created problems for myself with other collections in the past, and a reluctance at parting with old belongings . .

Well I sure wouldn't mind having a rhodium-plated Fatboy...... :welcoming:

My RV custom. A big long handle, silky-soft tips with good backbone.
$IMG_1392.JPG

Top Bottom