What's new

What is your favourite Clubman AS?

So far in order its special reserve, clubman then bay rum.
I just ordered musk and liliac vegital, I should of tacked on whiskey woods to that order.

+1 on the Bay Rum. I would use it a lot more. I gave some to my friend whose woman doesn't care much for Clubman. That's how mild it is!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Same goes for the vanilla, actually. On me it maybe lasts about an hour, which is surprising considering the original lasts ALL day. Still love it though.

Just found out today my barber uses the original Clubman aftershave for everyone. He sprays it on in a 50/50 water mixture. It is perfect scent mixture... Not too strong.

If I did the same, anyone know if this would still be effective for an aftershave... Or would the water dilute it beyond effective?

I haven't smelled any other Clubman to call it my "favorite", but this one seems hard to beat. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Is the vanilla as strong as the original? I found I have to cut the original, it's so potent.

I think so, though I don't find the original all *that* strong. I would put both of them at the moderate level of strength. Special Reserve and Musk are stronger.

Ahh, Thanks. I Might try it sometime.

I think the original is strong. I ended up wating it down with both water and witch hazel. I can always do the same with the vanilla.

Whiskey Woods and Special Reserve are not similar at all. WW has a warm tobacco leaf and tree bark scent that can be splashed on liberally, and carry closely for several hours. SR has the scent of well oiled leather and is very potent. Although it is labeled as an aftershave/cologne, I think it is too strong to use as an aftershave and treated like a cologne. I made the mistake of splashing SR on like I would any AS and spent the whole day offending myself, and I love the scent of SR. My wife confirmed my fears.

Is the vanilla as strong as the original? I found I have to cut the original, it's so potent.

I don't find Vanilla to be as strong as orig. I have no problem wearing it at full strength. Orig I cut with water or witch hazel.

Original is still my favorite with the Special Reserve close behind. The rest are all pretty even to me in terms of enjoyment although the gf seems to prefer the original best as well so win win on that one

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Rusty
Hmmm...I can't decide, but I happen to 'really' like all three of the Clubman Reserve line; Gent's Gin, Whiskey Woods & Brandy Spice), so much, I mix equal amounts (2oz each), together for a different 'spin' that highlights all the AS's
very nicely. :thumbsup:

clubman-reserve-aftershave_2048x2048-jpg.857635

pinuad-logo-jpg.835297
"Shaving with style and tradition since 1810”. Pinaud Slogan

Rusty
Hmmm...I can't decide, but I happen to 'really' like all three of the Clubman Reserve line; Gent's Gin, Whiskey Woods & Brandy Spice), so much, I mix equal amounts (2oz each), together for a different 'spin' that highlights all the AS's
very nicely. :thumbsup:

clubman-reserve-aftershave_2048x2048-jpg.857635

pinuad-logo-jpg.835297
"Shaving with style and tradition since 1810”. Pinaud Slogan
Just spent my ebay bucks and have all 3 of these inbound....finally

Top Bottom