What's new

What is your favorite, most masculine (manly) soap?

Lava... Don't laugh. Lathers like a demon and has that fresh car repair shop scent

proxy.php

Meißner Tremonia (Meissner Tremonia) Natural Bay Rum.
It's by far the darkest scent I have tried - almost smells like gun powder.
I bought both the cream and the soap, but never used any of them because they are so strong.
Not for me at all, but super masculine. I prefer citrus/floral/water scents.

Lava... Don't laugh. Lathers like a demon and has that fresh car repair shop scent

proxy.php
When I was a kid I had to use this every evening before dinner, and God help me if I forgot and came to the table with dirty hands!

Man, I hated that stuff.

One morning, my wife asked me if I'd been smoking in the bathroom. (The answer was "no"; neither of us smoke.) When I got home from work that evening, I noticed my once-used bar of Texas on Fire bath soap was missing from the shower. When I asked about it, she said she threw it away because "I don't want our bathroom to smell like an ashtray." Needless to say, I've not tried the shaving soap...

Thats a good example of what I classify as a “women repellent scent”. Ymmv

For me, the manliest soap hands down was a defunct CBL Tonsorial offering called "Horsepower" . Chris gifted me with a small sample puck along with a larger order I placed. The label described read : Burnt rubber, motor oil, racing fuel exhaust.
That proved to be as accurate of a description as I have come across in the shaving world. That pretty much IS the scent notes, even to my description challenged nose... How he distilled that into a soap is a mystery known only to him.

As I love every other CBL product I have ever purchased, I wrote back and thanked him for the generous sample. I also pointed out that I generally shower after working on my car to get that scent off of me. I don't see it currently listed, but for those who wish to smell of the drag strip, he might be persuaded to make more...

DCJ

J. Peterman 1903 shave cream if you want tobacco-accented leather-chair fougere classicism.

Cyril Salter hard soap if you want rakish Edwardian barbershop masculinity.

Williams, Old Spice, or Fine American Blend if you want vintage Americana.

Whatever you want if you're confident enough to be manly regardless of your shave scent.

Spitfire is my favorite scent of all time. I have the solid cologne to' just wish I could get the splash' but will have to wait to see if Westcoast Shaving gets any back in at some point hopefully.

Ditto for favourite scent. I have both the post shave lotion and splash and can say without a doubt you're gonna love it.

Top Bottom