What's new

What is your EDC?

Who’s Kimberly? She sounds nice...all stealthy in that hot Florida weather!:001_302: :302:

Every time I check into this thread, I encounter a bunch of class acts- all of whom live in “shall issue” states. All this is a no-go for me. I sure do enjoy watching, though. Nice gear everybody!
Ha! Didn’t see that damn auto correct and a little too much vodka. The gun will now be known to me as Kimberly.

I cannot imagine living in a state like the many which make getting a CCW permit more difficult than getting an audience with the Pope. I finally broke down and got my Tennessee Lifetime Carry Permit. Fill out a one page form, add a check for $100....done deal.

I’ve lived here most of my life, so it’s my normal. Some counties are much easier than others. A few California counties actually work under “shall issue,” an a CCW is just a background check, an interview with a peace officer and a class. But where I live it’s a no-go...short of being a DA, gun store owner, etc. Last I heard, my county of 500k had less than 400 permits out there.

Just for the heck of it I got a Virginia non resident CCW that is reciprocated in 30-ish states. I’ll likely never use it. When I do travel out of state it’s usually to company meetings where bringing a firearm could be problematic. But I’ve got one!!

Last edited by a moderator:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Today's EDC was an exercise in concealment creativity...Smiff & Western Tree Fiddy Sebum Mangrum, loaded with Buffalo Bore .38 Spl 158 gr. LSWCHP +P, in a DeSantis accompanied by a Boker Mini Mangrum automatic.

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That's a beautiful revolver, Mike.

Thanks Erik...it's a bit more of a pain to carry than some of my others, but it shoots well.

Here's 50 rounds at a target awhile back...missed the center about 10 times or so though. I need to work on things to get those flyers out of there.

IMG_0005 (2).JPG

Since 2012 it’s been my 3rd gen Glock 19c in a Raven Concealment Phantom OWB holster.
I’m still upset that RC discontinued the Phantom!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Since 2012 it’s been my 3rd gen Glock 19c in a Raven Concealment Phantom OWB holster.
I’m still upset that RC discontinued the Phantom!

What do think about about those cut out holes in your barrel and slide? Does it help with recoil and muzzle rise? Any night blindness from shooting in the dark?

Isn’t that more accurately whim of the day carry?

EDC=S&W 9mm C.O.R.E. with Trijicon RMR (I have presbyopia).

Deeper conceal calls for my S&W .45 Shield.

Nostalgia calls for Colt 1911 railgun or Kimber Super Carry Ultra HD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do think about about those cut out holes in your barrel and slide? Does it help with recoil and muzzle rise? Any night blindness from shooting in the dark?

I find the barrel/slide cuts to have a noticeable effect on reducing recoil but I’ll tell you what, the flames that shoot out of those cuts are substantial and the flash can cause perceptible loss in night vision. Although I honestly have to empty the entire 15+1 to notice. As with many things YMMV.
I do plan on changing my EDC pistol to a Glock 19X in the near future.
Hope that helps!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"

A concern I have for any ported gun carried for self defense is, if the gun is fired from a close retention position, that upward blast from the ports could be blinding or at least disorienting/distracting. But in a real fight for your life you may not even notice, dunno.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
A concern I have for any ported gun carried for self defense is, if the gun is fired from a close retention position, that upward blast from the ports could be blinding or at least disorienting/distracting. But in a real fight for your life you may not even notice, dunno.

Or, burn your eyebrows off... ;)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Or, burn your eyebrows off... ;)

I had that there mangrum of mine Mag-Na-Ported back when Larry Kelly was still around...he did it personally. It never has bothered me from high retention or on night firing. Works good on full-house magnums for controlling recoil and muzzle flip, but doesn't do much on lower velocity loads. I don't think I'd do porting on a lower velocity .45, .40, or 9mm. Your mileage may vary...greatly.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom